IGNORED

Undertale - Physical Release & PS4/Vita Release

https://www.fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita

I'm unsure of how many people here played Undertale, but this is a pretty big announcement if you ask me.

I greatly enjoyed the game for the music and characters. Very nice game overall, and I'd say best played if done so unspoiled.

I'm not surprised by a physical release for PC, but I'm pretty interested in how they handle some of the elements for the PS4/Vita... Considering some of the things that happen in-game.

Any other fans of the game on the site?

I remember back when this first came out, I was largely avoiding let's plays and spoilers in anticipation of a console release. A friend who's rather obsessed with the game insisted it was impossible to release on console, and I should just break down and get Steam for it. I opted to wait- I figured something this popular would find a way.

So, my main thought is: HA! I WIN!

My second thought is, that's kind of a snazzy Collector's Edition- I do love it when it's small, nonstandard trinkets instead of DLC or T-shirts or big statues I can't store.

• Like 1

I'm one who has never played Undertale, not really sure about it in the end. I like a dumpy styled RPG like that, but when I see the combat in pictures online it confuses the hell out of me if I'd personally enjoy that or not so I've never scooped it up. It's a good thing it gets a physical release, seems deserving of it. Fangamer tends to be a bit less abusive than LRG with print runs on stuff like this so hopefully it works out in the end for all of them.

I should just ruin the first 30min of the game for myself sometime and watch a gameplay video to see if I'd like how it handles or not. I've had it wishlisted on GoG for a time and it's cracking the 50% off ceiling now too.

I remember back when this first came out, I was largely avoiding let's plays and spoilers in anticipation of a console release. A friend who's rather obsessed with the game insisted it was impossible to release on console, and I should just break down and get Steam for it. I opted to wait- I figured something this popular would find a way.

So, my main thought is: HA! I WIN!

My second thought is, that's kind of a snazzy Collector's Edition- I do love it when it's small, nonstandard trinkets instead of DLC or T-shirts or big statues I can't store.

Congrats on the win! I'm pretty much on the line of Collector's Edition or not myself.

The game is very hard to avoid spoilers at this point because so many people are like "DO NOT CHECK INTO SPOILERS!" but then you happen upon them because there's an overflow of fan stuff.

I'm one who has never played Undertale, not really sure about it in the end. I like a dumpy styled RPG like that, but when I see the combat in pictures online it confuses the hell out of me if I'd personally enjoy that or not so I've never scooped it up. It's a good thing it gets a physical release, seems deserving of it. Fangamer tends to be a bit less abusive than LRG with print runs on stuff like this so hopefully it works out in the end for all of them.

I should just ruin the first 30min of the game for myself sometime and watch a gameplay video to see if I'd like how it handles or not. I've had it wishlisted on GoG for a time and it's cracking the 50% off ceiling now too.

Completely agree about the LRG thing. They have gotten so many titles, and you basically can't get anything unless you are within the 15 minutes of release. That or it's not the game you wanted.

The battles are a mixture of RPG for the menu, but the actual gameplay is hard to explain... It varies throughout the game, but it's mostly akin to "bullet hell" shmup when the battle is active.

It's a very short game overall. You can sit down and beat it in a long afternoon. (I want to say like.. 2-4 hours max offhand?)

So if I hate bullethell shooters avoid it?

Maybe. Really only the boss battles go to "LOOK AT ALL THE BULLETS!" mode.

Below is a video showcasing one of the boss battles. I've started it after the dialogue but for anybody who hasn't played it... STOP BEFORE THE 5 MINUTE MARK!

I linked the video to show one of the harder boss battles showing the "bullet hell" style that it has. Admittingly this is like... one of the last boss battles. It gets a bit harder than this, but not insanely more difficult.

https://youtu.be/Eqypnw6gQNg?t=1m11s

Edited by KeeperofLindblum

Good for them on getting such a sharp-looking physical release. The game is certainly one that doesn't interest me in the slightest, and when I had a chance to play it did nothing to capture me. But, in a world of digital-downloads its nice to see physical media getting some love.

Edited by TPA5

• 4 weeks later...

For anybody who is interested, the preorders for this just went live today!

I already preordered my physical PS4 collector's edition~

You can currently get the collector's edition for $64 plus free shipping! (The free shipping doesn't apply until after you select the payment method.)

Also, there's sales tax, so account for that.

I also got the PS4 collector's edition, and the chocobo label pin. I really like Fangamer's stuff- it's excellent quality & usually nails my preferred gamer gear aesthetic: muted. Plus, they sell jewelry! It's nice to have a source for good nerdy necklaces.

• 2 months later...

I also got my physical collectors version in sometime back and I actually hadn't played the game before. I bought it because both of my sons told me I would enjoy it...and you know what? Yes...yes I do! It is an excellent game and I did know about the pacifist vs killing everything routes and have tried to maintain the pacifist route thus far. I'm actually near the end of the game now and I have to say. It has been an excellent ride up to this point, but I still suck at bullet hells and this game only reinforces that LOL.

• Like 1

Does it come in a physical, non collector's edition?

Yes it does~

$25 for the non-collector's edition available for PC, PS4, and PS Vita.

You can also just get it digitally if you want.

Edited by KeeperofLindblum
  • Like 1