IGNORED

Supervision

Video

Anybody got one? A friend brought me a cart and I actually had to look it up as I had no clue what it was. Looks like a grey gamegear cart except the edge has pins on both sides instead of just one like most handhelds.

Apparently it was similar in capabilities to the gameboy but most the games were hellaoffbrand. LOL

I can't find one anywhere and just wondered if anyone had one, or any experience with it? Apparently it even had a TV hookup so you could play on the big screen.

I've got one, and about 40 games for it. I actually enjoyed playing with it for awhile, though the games are mostly generic knockoffs and I got bored with it eventually. The combination of a larger screen and a bendy body (not all models had that) made it more comfortable to use than the original gameboy. Didn't have the TV hookup thingy, though.

I have one and a laod of game for it, and the JFMateos flash cart.

It's a decent system but the games range from acceptable to downright awful in quality.

Handling is a bit off, especially for the bending model with the mediocre D-pad. Early models with 4 buttons works better, as with that one you at least press only the direction you want.

A nice model to collect for, but not a hidden gem.

As for the TV hookup, it probably never sold well and the very few ones you can find for sale easily hit the 400$ mark, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1

Size ≠ Better

The Supervision LCD has to be the worst ever put on a handheld. There's so much ghosting that the games are nearly unplayable, even basic stuff like their Breakout clone. No joke, graphing calculators are better. It really is the weakpoint of the console... oh, and the ginormous size of the handheld..... and the terrible library.

The games are incredibly lazy and you'll struggle to find anything that doesn't seem like a port of a Tiger electronics game.

Regardless, I own four of them. Three are CIB. So judge my sanity accordingly.

Cool, that's the cart, mines a mystery as the label is mostly gone.

Personally I love sh!#y systems so I'll definitely keep looking for one.

What was the original price point of it and games? And how many were made? I literally never saw one when they were in production, was it a specialty item or a "as seen on TV" thing?

The problem is that aside from Sssnake and Summer Olympics '92 that were made by BITS and Divised by Zero (two UK studios) all other games wre made from Taiwan studios, ranging from decent (Sachen - yep, the same Sachen that made awful NES games - I guess making Supervision games required less skills!) to plain awful (Bon Treasure... choppy scrolling, sprites with a visible square edge, rattling music that can't play over sound effects, etc...)

Cool site. Even an emulator I may DL and try that later. Seems it did better in other countries, I got a feeling it was more available there. What's with the us and anything not Nintendo?

I only remember seeing the Supervision in flea market videogame stores back in its prime. I'm not sure how wide of a distribution it actually got.

I wish I had written this earlier, but if you want more maybe offbeat info on this from the collector side, there's this guy betagam7 over at racketboy who makes it his job to collect chinese knockoff systems of the 80s to present, then review and discuss them, find the gems and hidden hard to find or prove exists junk. If you have an account there, I'd look into it. I know he has a supervision with some games along with lots of other screwing junk like all those differing versions of the gameking hardware and its lineup.