IGNORED

Metroid Prime 4 coming to Switch

Rev

Perhaps even better, a 2.5D Metroid II remake was announced for the 3DS.

It's not quite as neat as a Zero Mission style remake would've been, but I'm ready for 2D style Metroid action even if's all polygons instead of lovely 2D sprites.

Perhaps even better, a 2.5D Metroid II remake was announced for the 3DS.

It's not quite as neat as a Zero Mission style remake would've been, but I'm ready for 2D style Metroid action even if's all polygons instead of lovely 2D sprites.

I was thinking this after I posted the last one. I really am even more set to get that than even a Prime game. That was the one rogue old Metroid game that was too crusty for its own good.

Really cool to see that Nintendo is delivering a Metroid game early into the Switch lifespan. I couldn't be more excited for this game. I also hope they bring out the Metroid 2 remake on the Switch as well (I kinda figure it's only a matter of time)

• 2 weeks later...

I had to change my boxer shorts after seeing the teaser. And it was just a bloody logo.

The Metroid Prime series are my favourite games of all time.

Don't fuck this up, Nintendo.

Btw I have to get a Switch now. I just have to.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Development troubles, but it's good news at the end of the day.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/metroid_prime_4_development_scrapped_will_be_restarted_alongside_retro_studios

Nintendo is scrapping it for not meeting their standards and are restarting development with Retro Studios doing the work under MP4's original producer. Switch needs a great Metroid rather than a mediocre one, so it's good to see Nintendo doing what's needed to get this project there.

And softening the blow even further are promising sounding rumors about Metroid Prime Trilogy HD to tide fans over and help promote the eventual release of Metroid Prime 4. All three are great games that will be even better in HD.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/rumour_metroid_prime_trilogy_for_nintendo_switch_is_ready_to_be_released

Assuming it's real, hopefully both camps will be provided for if this happens. The obligatory traditional controls that a minority of MP fans prefer will surely be present to enable Pro Controller and handheld play. But hopefully Joy-Con motion controls to replicate the very well received Wii motion control implementation in these modern day classics will also be there.

Edited by Atariboy

I have Metroid Prime 1 and 2 on Game Cube and 3 on the Wii. I was not a big fan of the motion controls for aiming so I turned the auto lock on and it was better. The Spider Guardian was a pain in MP2 on the Game Cube but heard that the boss was super easy on the Wii version because of the jump that was added. No longer had to master the 3 bomb jump lol.

The motion controls made the games far more fun and playable to me. I hope to see MPT happen considering it was brought up somewhere before. This game (MP4) is looking like a Holiday 2020 thing at this rate now, so they could do the trilogy this year at that time perhaps. I hated to hell the c-stick being wasted on asinine visor swaps, what a waste considering how some enemies in the game can run/jump around in an instant and lock on fire while you have to play button twister to do the same. The motion controls allow a more mouse+keys like setup so you can just get there which is awesome.