IGNORED

IntelliTool (IDE for IntyBASIC)

Try contacting Intellivision Brasil on facebook. They posted this on Jan 7.

Após longa gestação, nasceu o IntelliTool, uma ferramenta IDE que facilita o desenvolvimento de jogos para o Intellivision.
Trabalhe com até 5 arquivos simultaneamente em um editor de textos inteligente, que destaca comandos, comentários, textos e
constantes em cores diferentes.
Teste seu programa clicando apenas 1 botão (modo Normal ou Debug).
Crie seus personagens no Editor de Sprites e armazene em uma biblioteca pessoal ou escolha entre as figuras disponíveis.
Utilize o integrador do IntyColor para transformar uma imagem BMP em código e inserí-lo diretamente em seu jogo.
Ajuda (padrão Windows) com conteúdo do manual oficial do IntyBASIC organizado por tópicos e comandos.
Configuração para Português e Inglês.
Baixe grátis no site Intellivision Brasil. Disponível para Windows 7/8 e XP.

I hope www.intellivisionbrasil.com comes back online; it was a great Intellivision site.

• 1 month later...

The site for Intellivision Brazil is again online :)

IntelliTool can be downloaded from http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/ press 9 in the controller and search for it in the right window.

I've tested it with a simple Hello World program and I can compile and run it without even saving the BASIC program. Nice! :)

Menus are in Portuguese but fortunately are easily understandable.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can change it to English menus. Click on the menu option "Ferramentas", then "Configuracao". Click the UK flag and then the save icon.

The sprite editor is handy, but it seems a bit of a manual process to import into your code. Also it heavily relies on constants.bas, so those of us that know the bitmapping of the system are in for a learning curve :D

Hm. It includes IntyBASIC and jzinty, but not constants.bas. That'll confuse a lot of people. Also its editor tries (has code coloring), but misses a lot of basic stuff (being able to tab-indent lines).

Edit: don't get me wrong, this will be handy for many things. Man, but what I wouldn't give for the ability to edit bitmaps AND export to Intycolor with a single click!

• Like 1

It is fun. One thing I miss, compared to using UltraEdit, is the ability to undo. And include custom constants and prologue/epilogue files. But it is a great piece of software. This is the kind of thing that I wanted to do as a complete web application, cloud-hosted, so I could develop anywhere and have all of my tooling available. But this is real and not just vapor in my head. :)

The site for Intellivision Brazil is again online :)

IntelliTool can be downloaded from http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/ press 9 in the controller and search for it in the right window.

I've tested it with a simple Hello World program and I can compile and run it without even saving the BASIC program. Nice! :)

Menus are in Portuguese but fortunately are easily understandable.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Hi friends.

Thanks for your interest for IntelliTool and thanks for your suggestions.

Some things are really hard to make with Visual Basic 6 (for example, the routine to highlight words).

The text editor is a limited RichText Box. So, I had to make some "improvement" do make it a little more attractive. Unfortunately, the result is not 100%.

I just started a new version (with vb.net). Some ideas:

- A bitmap editor compatible with Intv standards (colors, size...). The conversion with IntyColor will be make with just one click.

- After creating a sprite, just one click to insert it in your code (without windows's clipboard). That's how it was in the early version, but... where do I insert the code? In the end? Use the last cursor position? It could make a mess with your code...

- The undo is limited to just one step (default of the RichText control), but I'll try to improve it or use another control.

- Select options to use in jzIntv.

By the way, the file "IntelliTool.002" has the commands recognized by highlight routine.

If some command is not recognized or there are new ones, simply add the command with "4" ID. Ex.: 4STEP.

IDs 2 and 3 refer to comment, 4 to commands and 5 to constants.

I hope this can help and encourage people to use the incredible IntyBASIC and keep the Intellivision alive for some decades more.

Thanks

Sergio Vares

intellivisionbrasil.com.br
  • Like 5

Hi friends.
Thanks for your interest for IntelliTool and thanks for your suggestions.
Some things are really hard to make with Visual Basic 6 (for example, the routine to highlight words).
The text editor is a limited RichText Box. So, I had to make some "improvement" do make it a little more attractive. Unfortunately, the result is not 100%.
I just started a new version (with vb.net). Some ideas:
- A bitmap editor compatible with Intv standards (colors, size...). The conversion with IntyColor will be make with just one click.
- After creating a sprite, just one click to insert it in your code (without windows's clipboard). That's how it was in the early version, but... where do I insert the code? In the end? Use the last cursor position? It could make a mess with your code...
- The undo is limited to just one step (default of the RichText control), but I'll try to improve it or use another control.
- Select options to use in jzIntv.
By the way, the file "IntelliTool.002" has the commands recognized by highlight routine.
If some command is not recognized or there are new ones, simply add the command with "4" ID. Ex.: 4STEP.
IDs 2 and 3 refer to comment, 4 to commands and 5 to constants.
I hope this can help and encourage people to use the incredible IntyBASIC and keep the Intellivision alive for some decades more.
Thanks
Sergio Vares
intellivisionbrasil.com.br

Hi, Sergio,

Thank you very much for creating this tool. I don't use IntyBASIC myself, but I'm sure IntyBASIC programmers would love an integrated environment. :)

-dZ.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I tried using the sprite editor, but whenever I try to change to a different color, it jst stays black, is this normal, or do I need to do something else first to get the color working?

Also, I want to ask if the Intellivision's sprites suffer the same color limitation as the Atari 2600 had, (only one color per scanline)

Hello,

I tried using the sprite editor, but whenever I try to change to a different color, it jst stays black, is this normal, or do I need to do something else first to get the color working?

Also, I want to ask if the Intellivision's sprites suffer the same color limitation as the Atari 2600 had, (only one color per scanline)

Intellivision sprites are 8x8 or 8x16 blocks, and they are a single color.

• 7 months later...

Hi, friends.

IntelliTool v2 Beta is ready!

Try it, find bugs, suggest changes, improvements, ideas.

Some changes planned for the final version:

- Support for scrolling screens

- Control of the colors allowed for the sprites (F/B or CS)

- More languages

- An options window for debug mode.

- Full html help (IntelliTool + IntyBASIC + jzIntv + AS1600)

- Save the "bas" code into the project file (.ITT), so you'll have all the stuff in only 1 file (code + sprites + screens)

- A music editor

- Complete package of all external programs (jzIntv, IntyBASIC, AS1600), including all original docs, readme, examples - I included some "parts" in the beta version for testing, but it's not my intention to "break" these GREAT softwares ;-)

Download at:

http://intellivisionbrasil.com

(Only for Windows 7, 8, 10)

Thanks

Sergio Vares

Intellivision Brasil

Edited by Intellivision Brasil
  • Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I apologize for bumping this old thread, but the link provided earlier in this thread no longer contains Intellitools (it contains emulators, etc.).

A second link was provided, but unfortunately it links to some chinese website.

Does anyone know where Intellitools can be downloaded today?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by ColecoGamer

4 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I apologize for bumping this old thread, but the link provided earlier in this thread no longer contains Intellitools (it contains emulators, etc.).

A second link was provided, but unfortunately it links to some chinese website.

Does anyone know where Intellitools can be downloaded today?

Thank you in advance!

Found it in this page: http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/en_Menu-Soft-Emuladores.html

Scroll to Tools - Actual Versions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Caleb Garner said:

So how would one actually insert new maps into burgertime / auto racing?  has someone decompiled these games somehow?  

Somebody else decompiled Burgertime.  I disabled crashing in Auto Racing so I could drive everywhere and generate the world map that I posted last month.

The next thing I wanted to do was find the world map in ROM and figure out how to change it.  That would mean moving all the course checkpoints as well, plus the car directions.

Edited by Zendocon
Added link to map

• 4 weeks later...

New to the boards. Hello.

I've been using Code Writer to work on coding with IntyBasic and discovered this thread last night and IntelliTool.  The tool is really nice, but with the version I downloaded from the site (v2 Beta 1), there seems to be many options missing that are demonstrated in the YouTube video.

I cannot activate "dark mode" to go from a white text screen to a black one.

Code is highlighted, but it doesn't automatically capitalize commands (DEFINE, BITMAP, etc). 

Even when I activate the auto-indent and auto-adjust options under the config menu, they don't seem to do anything.

Am I missing something, or have these features been stripped out in the most recent build?

I'm running Windows 10, if that is a known issue.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• Like 1