IGNORED

Keith Robinson passed away :(

He was the best!

I'd like to share my favorite Keith story, we were running CGE 2K14 and I was standing in the expo hall on setup day with my hotel/convention rep discussing how well everyone was following the rules and she was agreeing that this was a break from some of the more chaotic shows they have had. One rule that we had to abide by was no vehicles in the expo hall, the reason being the unions wanted tens of thousands of dollars to lay down protective plastic, over the carpet rated for vehicle travel, if vehicles were in the hall they wanted their windfall of cash. Just as were having this discussion Keith comes in hot right past the guy I posted at the door to make sure vehicles did not come in, he whips right by us on the way to the booth with a load of the Intellivision flashbacks doing like 30Mph indoors with that huge santa claus smile he always had. I look at my rep like I am about to be beheaded and she says, don't worry, this is not a problem.

Were gonna miss the big guy!

• Like 4

I met him at Arcade Expo in January 2016, very nice guy and still believed in the Intellivision. He was the only legacy player from back in the day that provided a direct path of ownership, stories and historical items from Mattel then to now(unlike the in-name-only Atari and Coleco are now.) I hope his collection of materials and IP stays together and not broken up and shattered to the wind.

• Like 4

Wow, this is surprising and terribly sad. I first met Keith many years ago at the Classic Gaming Expo probably in 2001. I most recently saw Keith at the Classic Game Fest in Austin, Texas last summer. He had a table next to AtariAge user Shamus, who was demoing his nearly completed Xevious game for the Jaguar. I helped Shamus setup his booth and hung out there periodically during the show, and as a result, talked to Keith several times during the event. I never ever imagined that would be the last time I'd see or talk to him, and now I'm grateful that I had that opportunity. This just seems so surprising to come out of nowhere, and is another reminder of just how fragile and precious life is.

There are so few individuals who were active in the video game industry during its formative years and were still active today promoting those same games. He will certainly be remembered fondly.

..Al

• Like 8

Huge loss to the gaming community. I haven't felt this way about the passing of someone connected to gaming since Ralph Baer passed. I loved listening to his interviews....man, he loved to talk!

And he was really passionate about the system and gaming in general. Just full of life.

It's been posted on his FB page that he passed away due to heart complications, apparently he had a history of heart problems.

Edited by SoulBlazer

Very sad news indeed, I've had a few Facebook conversations with Keith over the last couple years and enjoyed every interaction I ever had with him. My autographed Intellivision Lives DS game will hold a very special place in my collection. :(

• Like 3

Very sad news. He called me out at PRGE for wearing an unlicensed Intellivision shirt, but he smiled and laughed and was incredibly friendly and talkative. A genuinely nice man.

RIP

He told us many times that his lawyers told him he had to enforce his rights but that he never wanted to step on toes of fans. He believed that if he had a good product that people would buy it if they already had the ROMS, images, etc.

• Like 2