IGNORED

262 Scanlines but Stella claims it's PAL?

JAC!

I'm almost done with my new release for PAL and found I might have enough screen & ROM space to include an NTSC toggle.

Now I generate 262 scanlines, but Stella runs it as 60HZ PAL... Any ideas?

post-17404-0-01116800-1497649181.png

I'm almost done with my new release for PAL and found I might have enough screen & ROM space to include an NTSC toggle.

Now I generate 262 scanlines, but Stella runs it as 60HZ PAL... Any ideas?

This makes it sound like you're switching from PAL50 to NTSC60 after the game's already been loaded and running in Stella. Stella's detection for NTSC/PAL occurs when the game is very first started. Once its been determined it does not change during the program run. You can manually change it using CONTROL-F

If your toggle is done via the TV Type or a Difficulty Switch then you can preset the switch when you load your game and Stella should detect it correctly at that point. In Stella's file browser, right click on your file and select POWER-ON OPTIONS.

Thanks, wasn't aware it's not automatic already during execution. Now I've created 3 .bat files passing the relevant command line parameters and it works from what I see:

.\Tools\EMU\Stella\64-bit\stella.exe -stats 0 -uimessages 0 -grabmouse 0 -center 1 -tv BW .\xyz.bin

• Like 1

Can't wait to see this. Have you considered doing some tutorial videos for 2600 coding like you had for the computers?

Well, considering what is there in the VCS, it could be covered in around 128 seconds ;-)

Honestly: No, there are so many really good tutorials for the VCS already. I'll rather focus on the XL side.

• Like 1