IGNORED

What are your favorite "summer systems"?

For some unkown reason, I tend to play more Atari in the summer, more NES in the winter. No idea why. FYI I live in the deep south so we have brutal hot humid summers, and mild winters, so I'd say I get out most in the spring/fall and spend about as much time indoors in the summer as I do winter.

I've definitely noticed that my gaming interests change with the seasons. In the fall I always play a lot of Game Boy / Color games, over the winter and spring I usually get really into Atari systems, and every spring and summer like clockwork I get totally enamored with the original Nintendo Wii. I never seem to want to play the Wii very much the rest of the year, but time and again it's almost all I want to play during the warmer months.

I also always find myself getting interested in playing modern Nintendo systems again around this time of year, primarily due to all the new Nintendo games being shown off at E3. For better or worse though I rarely ever have the money to buy a modern system so most years the interest never leads to buying and playing Nintendo's latest and greatest things.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

Counting since the second half of July 2013, the one system I've played every summer (limited to June - July, which is what I consider to be summer) is the VIC-20 but then again I play that any time of the year. The one system that I almost only play in the summer is the Acorn Electron, with six sessions in four years of which four happened during the summer season. I tend to try to cycle all systems so none that sticks out in either direction.

• Like 1

I play a lot more DS/Gameboy/Gameboy Colour in summer. Mostly because I love to go camping, and after a day of hiking/exploring it's nice to enjoy a fire, then crash in the trailer and play some games before bed.

For some unkown reason, I tend to play more Atari in the summer, more NES in the winter. No idea why. FYI I live in the deep south so we have brutal hot humid summers, and mild winters, so I'd say I get out most in the spring/fall and spend about as much time indoors in the summer as I do winter.

I'm the complete opposite. Summertime and swimming went hand and hand with NES games.

Once winter came around the Atari became more appealing. P.S. I'm freezing in the Mississippi deep south's winter :)

• Like 2

The original NES is the greatest summertime system of all-time imo. Some of my best summer memories are the ones playing NES during very hot days.

The music from many NES games are also awesome to hear during the summertime as well. Super NES is another good summer system.

If only the TI-994/A didn't heat up so bad. I'm playing tons of NeoGeo, 5200 and SMS games this summer too. :)

• Like 2

Come to think also,the Sega Genesis is also a very good summer system. A good sweaty game of Golden Axe in the summer heat really rules. Then eat a good bowl of Cap'n Crunch in icy cold milk afterwards for a reward/munchie after you beat the game! lolz :D

Come to think also,the Sega Genesis is also a very good summer system. A good sweaty game of Golden Axe in the summer heat really rules. Then eat a good bowl of Cap'n Crunch in icy cold milk afterwards for a reward/munchie after you beat the game! lolz :D

Summer is a great time for saving the princess... ;-)

post-33189-0-04792800-1381128376.jpg