IGNORED

Starting over

panama800

Great to welcome you back. Yea, an SIO2PC is very handy and then an SIO2SD or S-Drive. Don't get me wrong, floppies are part of the fun but it's hard to beat the convenience of modern media.

U1MB is the next on the list, not just a RAM extension. Also allows 4 OS', SDX and R-Time.

Yogi

Thanks. Waiting on my external cd drive for my laptop. So I can load my drivers for my module.

I have another 1050 drive that is not working right. The one i,m using now would not work right until i adjusted the park sensor on the read arm. The other one parks correct, Just will not read. I also have 2 410 that need belts. Plus I have a 600xl I upgraded the ram and change the video, that did not go so well on video upgrade. Other than that it worked fine. If anyone is interested in either items, just let me know.

SWEET setup. I am different than the rest, and I suspect you are a little like me; you like original ATARI equipment. I can tell that by the 1010 in the picture. I do have a SIO2PC and all the SIO2SD, but I really don't use them much. I like my Atari the old fashioned way, but cart, disk, and tape. Keep up the good work with your collection. It's the greatest.

I had an Apple II in 1982 then got a Atari 800 in 1983, fell in love with Atari.

I just got the 1010 working again thanks to best. Everything work except the rewind button, will not go down for some reason. Cracked open the 810 last week an found the original test an burn in info my drive, pretty kewl.

Edited by panama800

I can thank my old friend from H.S. for talking my mom into buying me the 800XL (he told her not to buy the Commodore). I have loved it since. I have almost all the software ever published and almost all the hardware ever produced. The Only thing I don't have now that I had back in '83 is the 1027 (print wheel issue). I loved that printer as well. I have been happy with the system since that time. I lose interest in it for several months, then come back to it. I will never totally give it us (at least till a am buried). Some of the hardware and software I have are very collectible now. My wife still hates it (the space it consumes). I understand, they just don't get it.

• Like 1

how do you do a memory upgrade on a 800xl?

Some of the RAM upgrade options currently available:

Try to get a megaspeedy for the 1050, add 1 or 4mb ram and an ide +sd or other hardware like sio2sd that would make your setup pretty complete

Is the MegaSpeedy actually still available to order somewhere? I'd like to get one too...

Another good solderless option is the 'Happy' 1050 Upgrade Board at AtariMax - Bottom of this page http://www.atarimax.com/sio2pc/documentation/