IGNORED

SDrive-Arm (SDrive2) issues/questions

gargoyle

Hi!

Can somebody, who use this device for a long time (I use it for some weeks) write a short user manual. Or tell me, please, where find it. I try follow original manual, but some innovations in SDrive2 not described there.

I start try to save my old disk collection after about 20 years silence on Atari field and need some instruction "how to"...

Thank's in advance and sorry for this simple Q"s.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

i'm trying to use my sdrive² after some time but all i have is a static red(?) light at boot.

20200405_135634.thumb.jpg.2677034c59d6b6d0c21fa0621a44a7a7.jpg

Buttons are inoperative.

I tried with "option" pressed at boor or not: Option leads me to self test. Normal boot leads to Basic.

Sd card is ok, tested under windows 10.

Sdcard content : 

07/07/2017  19:41    <DIR>          !Games
07/04/2017  09:53           133 136 EDisk01.atr
17/03/2017  19:05           133 136 SDRIVE.ATR
               2 fichier(s)          266 272 octets
               1 Rép(s)   1 978 781 696 octets libres

Is my sdrive2 dead ?

Thanks.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:30 PM, Marsupilami said:

Hi @alsp, can i give you more informations ?

Thanks.

It seems processor is works just because LED blinks. Please try the following:

1. try to replace SD-card

2. Another variant - you've used wrong update - please try to follow this instruction - and please tell me if it will blink with yellow lights.

3 hours ago, alsp said:

1. try to replace SD-card

Done: with a new card, Fat32 formatted.

1st : tried with original sdrive.atr and edisk0.atr (from https://github.com/fintros/SDrive-ARM/tree/master/sd) => Red light

2nd : tried with !SDRIVE.UPD (from https://github.com/fintros/SDrive-ARM/tree/master/update) in root directory => Red light 

2. Another variant - you've used wrong update - please try to follow this instruction - and please tell me if it will blink with yellow lights.

Done on the first SDcard => tried with !SDRIVE.UPD in root directory => Red light 

I don't have any "Cypress KitProg programmer". I could also buy one but i don't know how to use it...

Edited by Marsupilami
Typo

Based on behavior and launcher source code its unable to read FAT - let do the following - I will send sdcard image and you'll try to write it is win32diskimager - I'll send an image to your email.

Edited by alsp

1 hour ago, alsp said:

Based on behavior and launcher source code its unable to read FAT - let do the following - I will send sdcard image and you'll try to write it is win32diskimager - I'll send an image to your email.

Thanks for your time about it ?

I wrote the image to the SDcard => Red light

Then I also tried to add !SDRIVE.UPD at the root directory => Red light ?

That it may be sd card connector issue, can you check it visually? 
or you can make good photo of SD jack soldering and send it to me.

If it blinks with red lights when it switched without SD card, thank bootloader firmware works at least, and if so - it should be able to flash main part of firmware from card.

I've check - your device has second version of bootloader. In anyway if card able to be read and !SDRIVE.UPD found in root folder it will reflash main firmware with yellow LED blnking. If it is not happens than loader unable to read the card.

• 9 months later...

I am confused. I tried two SDrive² with additional SIO connector and both refused to work with my 800XL.

After turning the computer on, the red and green LED consecutively flash and then the four yellow LEDs turn on. But the computer does not boot to the configuration menu. I can hear the characteristic buzzing noise indicating no drive being attached and eventually end up with the self test.

I did some tests to verify that it is not a general problem with the SIO port of my computer:

1) Only SDrive² attached to computer → does not boot
2) Only 1050 attached to computer → boots from disk
3) Only SDrive-MAX attached to computer → boots to SDrive configuration menu
4) SDrive² attached to computer, 1050 attached to SDrive² → boots from disk
5) SDrive² attached to computer, SDrive-MAX attached to SDrive² → does not boot
6) SDrive² attached to 1050 → boots from disk

What can bring this behaviour on?