IGNORED

AtGames Fall 2017 Flashback and Portable Lineup

It's an interesting thought, but obviously we'd have to have a new Intellivision Flashback first. I'm also not sure how much enthusiasm there would be from various parties. Atari 2600 and Genesis are no-brainers, but not necessarily Intellivision.

I honestly don't think the INV flashbacks would sell at the required numbers for a profitable product. The INV fans are an extremely passionate bunch. I will give them that, but their numbers are too small for the big numbers consumer type products.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

I would say get the INTV FB2 done first, then just see if there would be enough support for a companion book. Companion books for an Atari 2600 and/or Sega Genesis are low bearing fruit (even one for Neo-Geo should a FB product ever come out), but an INTV companion book might be a hard sell, admittingly.

It's an interesting thought, but obviously we'd have to have a new Intellivision Flashback first. I'm also not sure how much enthusiasm there would be from various parties. Atari 2600 and Genesis are no-brainers, but not necessarily Intellivision.

I doubt there's a financial reason for AtGames to try to do Intellivision/Colecovision (in HDMI) again. :_( :_(

If you want to really pass an idea along Bill, how about AtGames reducing the BOX SIZE? There's a ton of empty space inside of them, and their boxes are HUGE. Nintendo does it right.

Edited by Greg2600

I doubt there's a financial reason for AtGames to try to do Intellivision/Colecovision (in HDMI) again. :_( :_(

If you want to really pass an idea along Bill, how about AtGames reducing the BOX SIZE? There's a ton of empty space inside of them, and their boxes are HUGE. Nintendo does it right.

The concept is definitely not dead.

In terms of box sizes, those are all carefully calibrated with retailers.

• Like 4

How about concentrating on product features that really matter like adding an SD card slot? I would think box size would be low on the priority list if it's any priority at all...

How about concentrating on product features that really matter like adding an SD card slot? I would think box size would be low on the priority list if it's any priority at all...

Please wait for official announcements in regards to all the new features being added across the product line for 2018.

• Like 6

You keep them in boxes on your shelves? Take them out and play with them, man!

I've chucked most of my external cartons, because even though they're attractive, they're far from essential. I am a Bad Retrogamer.

Sorry, but I never understood keeping stuff in boxes. What is the fun in collecting for yourself if you can't even use it?! I think that makes you a good retrogamer, but a bad collector. At least that's what I would consider myself, but at least I'm a happy one! :)

• Like 1

Wow those reviews are really bad. I purchased one from QVC when they first came out and the cordless joysticks and games work great for me! The only complaint I have is a noticeable lag when using the corded paddles. Hopefully AT Games will fix this for version 9 (as well as adding an SD card slot). :)

Providing a zero-lag paddle experience is my top request for the 2018 model. Kaboom is the game to test this with... It's not a noticeable with other paddle games.

Edited by TF14
  • Like 2

Providing a zero-lag paddle experience is my top request for the 2018 model. Kaboom is the game to test this with... It's not a noticeable with other paddle games.

Willie at Arcade USA did a review and claims there is no noticeable lag on the Atari Flashback 8 Gold system. I think because he was using a system that didn't come with paddles, he might have been using the original Atari paddles and not the At Games ones. I may have to try it to see if there is a difference...

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 1

Willie at Arcade USA did a review and claims there is no noticeable lag on the Atari Flashback 8 Gold system. I think because he was using a system that didn't come with paddles, he might have been using the original Atari paddles and not the At Games ones. I may have to try it to see if there is a difference...

There is a slight lag regardless of paddles used. Minimizing that lag as much as possible is one of the goals for the 2018 HD product.

• Like 8

Did AtGames update the Genesis HD model to deal with the slowdown/choppiness in games? I was just talking to someone who picked up the system this weekend and he said he's certain the games play perfectly. He used Sonic as an example. Sonic runs pretty poor on my system, which was purchased during the original released, so I'm doubting what he's telling me.

Did AtGames update the Genesis HD model to deal with the slowdown/choppiness in games? I was just talking to someone who picked up the system this weekend and he said he's certain the games play perfectly. He used Sonic as an example. Sonic runs pretty poor on my system, which was purchased during the original released, so I'm doubting what he's telling me.

Although some running changes have been made during the 2017 production, none of them should have affected performance in the way that you describe.

• Like 1

I bought another very smooth working set of paddles to use with this, but on the Flashback HD they're still pretty laggy. Some games tolerate more lag than others. Sadly, Kaboom! is not one of those games. Even a little lag on that game is pretty detrimental to gameplay and the lag here is just too much for any decent gameplay on that game.

There is a slight lag regardless of paddles used. Minimizing that lag as much as possible is one of the goals for the 2018 HD product.

More good news.

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 2

I bought another very smooth working set of paddles to use with this, but on the Flashback HD they're still pretty laggy. Some games tolerate more lag than others. Sadly, Kaboom! is not one of those games. Even a little lag on that game is pretty detrimental to gameplay and the lag here is just too much for any decent gameplay on that game.

More good news.

Thanks for trying that out. I figured it wasn't my TV that was causing the lag. I've played several other emulators on it with no problem. I'm more surprised there isn't any lag using the cordless controllers vs using the paddles. I thought it would have been the other way around...

• Like 1

Was there a rom pack somewhere here for the genesis and Atari portables?

My 1001 working ROM pack for the Atari Flashback Portable can be found here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258970-atari-flashback-portable-faq-and-compatibility-list/

first post - scroll down to the red print for the latest version

enjoy

• Like 3

I never said I keep them in the boxes, but I do keep the boxes. I like them on shelves, look cool. I don't display games, but console boxes I do. That's all.

I love this,because I still play the games yet have them box protected.

When I was 18 in the early '80s we threw out or actually crushed the boxes while hanging out,so I decided to to collect all the games complete in box starting in 1997.

It worked out great for me! :thumbsup:

• Like 1