IGNORED

Any 2600 Basketball Fans Out There?

hizzy

It's a bit of a goofy game: The physics are weird and the AI does some of the most random stuff ever, but I love me some Basketball on the 2600. Playing with a friend is always a blast, and it's often a "last shot wins" type of game. It reminds me a bit of Activision's Ice Hockey, in terms of game pace and fun. Are there any other fans of the game out there, or am I alone in my appreciation? :)

• Like 2

The goofiness of the animation and physics give it a sort of so-bad-it's-good charm, but then you find yourself genuinely having fun playing it. It's a great 2 player game. I've even played a few games with a friend in another state on the PS4 with the Flashback Classics collection.

• Like 1

I like basketball. It was the first cart I ever bought with my own money so I played it a ton as a kid (my only other games were combat and breakout). Someone mentioned how it's fun to stand right under the hoop and shoot up through the bottom of it. It's also fun to stand really far back and bounce one in.

I like Basketball. :) It and NBA Jam are actually the only basketball games I like in general, unless you also count the "Basketball" variations of Video Olympics or the Rebound games on the Video Pinball console (renamed "Basketball" in the Sears version, IIRC).

It's nice that it has a CPU opponent that's actually competent. That was rare in the '70s.

Atari basketball is hilarious. The graphics are so simple but the game play is fun. Playing against the computer opponent is tough (at least for me). I think he cheats...playing against another Atari nerd is even better. I like how you can keep playing after the clock runs out. :grin:

Activision boxing is also quite fun. The top down view is funny.

• Like 1