IGNORED

Need good recommendation for EPROM burner (USB)

ACML

I need to update my EPROM burner to the 21st century. Well, EPROMs aren't really 21st century-ish, but you know what I mean. I mainly want to burn 27C128 (16KBx8) 28 pin EPROMs. There are some really inexpensive ones on eBay and Amazon, but are they any good? Looking for personal recommendation of actual experience using them.

Thanks!

Edited by ACML

I have had nothing but good luck with my TL-866A. Get the cheaper CS version and turn it into the A version using tools found here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246355-minipro-tl866-upgrade-instructions/?hl=+tl866

Can anyone verify that the TL866CS will program either of these chips?

ATF20V8B-10PC

Datasheet: h**p://www.atmel.com/Images/doc0407.pdf

GAL20v8B-10LP

Datasheet: h**p://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/243905/LATTICE/GAL20V8B-10LP.html

I know the GAL20v8B is listed on their website as being supported but I'd like to know if anyone has consistently programmed this chip with this programmer without issue....

I use the GQ 4x4 for eproms. It installed easily on my Windows 7 64-bit computer and utilizes USB. It programs very quickly and I've had no issues with it. My only complaint is lack of support for PLD chips and no answer from tech support on how to add it (most devices don't even have tech support so nothing lost there I guess). You do have the ability to add more devices via a text file provided you can read the datasheet for the chip.

You can read about it HERE

Supported device list is HERE

http://www.autoelectric.cn/minipro/miniprosupportlist.txt

I have done the generic gal20v8b, a couple times, the atmel ones are a touch funny about programming and does not show up on their list

Thank you! I've heard Atmels can be picky. I've heard some stuff on the support list isn't actually supported so I wanted to make sure.