IGNORED

Am I nostalgic or is this a mid-life crisis?

For me it's all about priorities and management. If you can manage your hobby and:

• Maintain healthy relationships with family/friends
  • Spend within a reasonable budget
  • Show up to work on time
  • Keep it organized so you don't get buried alive under an avalanche of boxes
  • Don't get so obsessed that you shrivel up into a creepy monster and start calling it 'the precious'

...then you should be fine :D

I'm having trouble with number four. :ponder:

Mid life crisis?!?

I say mid life excuse!!! HAHAHAHA

Go on now and do all of the things you have wanted to and "Blame" it on the crisis!

Buy a crazy fast car...

Date a woman / man "out" of your league

Make barbecue at midnight

Crossplay as your favorite magical girl

Humm yeah that sounds like a great list from my point of view! Hahaha

• Like 1

This is pure nostalgia. It's the same reason I went out and bought all the original D&D manuals I had as a kid. Just looking at those pictures again brings a relaxing sensation, memories of times when life was easy and simple.

I think the difference is that a mid-life crisis is when you attempt to live out the path in life you didn't take. If you didn't have the sports car or drive the motorcycle in your 20's, then by the time you hit 40 you figure it's now or never. When you're young the world has a million different paths for you to take but by middle-age, you've already chosen your path. The crisis comes when you look at the choices you didn't make and try to live those out.

• Like 3

This is pure nostalgia. It's the same reason I went out and bought all the original D&D manuals I had as a kid. Just looking at those pictures again brings a relaxing sensation, memories of times when life was easy and simple.

I think the difference is that a mid-life crisis is when you attempt to live out the path in life you didn't take. If you didn't have the sports car or drive the motorcycle in your 20's, then by the time you hit 40 you figure it's now or never. When you're young the world has a million different paths for you to take but by middle-age, you've already chosen your path. The crisis comes when you look at the choices you didn't make and try to live those out.

I'm way past 40 and I still don't have a sports car. :(