IGNORED

LA Topics Newsletter

Bob K

Hi-

Does anyone have access to copies of LA Topics newsletters?

I have a copy of the Vol. 6 No 4 April 1987 newsletter from WHT site, I was trying to enter in the program {Assembly Disk Catalog by Tom Freeman on Pg. 7} but I got to a point that I could not really tell what the symbols were,(#,*,& etc.) they are kind of blurred after being copied and re copies some many times.

I have tried GOOGLING LA Topics, tried looking through the WHT listings for assembly disk catalog but can find no mention anywhere,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob K.

Wow that's a tough search - I did uncover a link that requires a login.

[PDF]Volume 2 Issue 7
Dec 4, 1986 - 99'ersnewsietter (L'A Topics). This ... Have you ever typed in a TI99/4A version of a ... method. and depends on the manner in which TI.

This path works.

ftp.whtech.com/magazines/smartprogrammer/sp8612.pdf

Not sure if these are what you're looking for, I went by the description in the previous link. (Dec 4, 1986 - 99'ersnewsietter (L'A Topics).

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Anything assembly language and you can rule out those characters being # or &, those tokens are not used in TI's version of the 9900 assembler. The * was used as a line comment if, and only if, it is the first character on a line. Otherwise the * is used as register indirect addressing, i.e. MOV R0*,R1 or something like that. The only other characters will be > to represent hex values and @ when used with symbolic addressing, i.e. MOV @>ABCD,@LABEL or such variations. If you look at the context, you can probably figure it out.

O.K., I did not understand that you meant the file might be somewhere in that area, I will start looking.

I took your advise and just started entering the listing and it seems pretty straightforward.

While entering this I came across another set of words I can not make out, it LOOKS like:

S6 MOV 2,2 Enter Pressed without text

JNE S7 No. Go on

B @ENDEND {is this Correct?, I cannot make out all the letters} YES, branch to end <---------THIS LINE IS IN QUESTION *** Is it ENDEND??

S7 BLWP @VSBR Read the last character

O.K., I did not understand that you meant the file might be somewhere in that area, I will start looking.

I took your advise and just started entering the listing and it seems pretty straightforward.

While entering this I came across another set of words I can not make out, it LOOKS like:

S6 MOV 2,2 Enter Pressed without text

JNE S7 No. Go on

B @ENDEND {is this Correct?, I cannot make out all the letters} YES, branch to end <---------THIS LINE IS IN QUESTION *** Is it ENDEND??

S7 BLWP @VSBR Read the last character

It looks correct. There is, after all, an instruction labelled “ENDEND” further down in the listing.

...lee

Anything assembly language and you can rule out those characters being # or &, those tokens are not used in TI's version of the 9900 assembler. The * was used as a line comment if, and only if, it is the first character on a line. Otherwise the * is used as register indirect addressing, i.e. MOV R0*,R1 or something like that. The only other characters will be > to represent hex values and @ when used with symbolic addressing, i.e. MOV @>ABCD,@LABEL or such variations. If you look at the context, you can probably figure it out.

GPL Assembler:

MOVE 7,G@VDPSETUP,#0 * Moves 7 bytes from GROM/GRAM to VDP Register 0 to 7

DST *FAC,V@ARG * Put the word contents from Address in FAC into ARG

So the RYTE DATA GPL Assembler does use the #, *, and @ symbols too.

So the RYTE DATA GPL Assembler does use the #, *, and @ symbols too.

Focus, Rich. Discussing GPL in this thread is irrelevant. A GPL assembler does not assemble Assembly Language. This is about TMS9900 Assembly Language Code (ALC) as source code for TI’s 9900 Assembler, pure and simple—so, as Matthew said, there are no ‘#’ or ‘&’ characters in ALC. The only place they can possibly occur in a program is within quotes or as part of a comment, which is not the issue here.

...lee

Focus, Rich. Discussing GPL in this thread is irrelevant. A GPL assembler does not assemble Assembly Language. This is about TMS9900 Assembly Language Code (ALC) as source code for TI’s 9900 Assembler, pure and simple—so, as Matthew said, there are no ‘#’ or ‘&’ characters in ALC. The only place they can possibly occur in a program is within quotes or as part of a comment, which is not the issue here.

...lee

Just pointing how limited and restrictive the EA Assemblers are.

The RAG AMS Assembler and AMS Linker are much better and even including more modern features and even more symbols use.