IGNORED

Atari 7800 vs NES

2600problems

(if you're going to complain, i will have to close the thread).

this is always something that has fascinated me. nintendo's juggernaut of the 80's vs atari's entry.

i would like a comparison of:

sound: POKEY chip vs the NES sound chip

Lockout: does it affect games or the system (includes modified systems)

graphics: did the 7800 have any visual tricks that gave it the upper hand

commercials/marketing: how well was it marketed, were the commercials well done, corny or just plain bad

and finally: ports. how well did the system handle arcade ports (in house development doesn't count third parties only)

(if you're going to complain, i will have to close the thread).

You can't close a thread. Also, this topic has been previously discussed to death. You are either trolling or have a serious false sense of importance. :roll:

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 2

You are either trolling or have a serious false sense of importance. :roll:

Now that may be a topic worth discussing; Trolling vs Serious False Sense of Importance. Tough call to make...Especially in light of an original SNES vs Genesis thread from Mr. Problems, 10 hours earlier to starting this topic.

When that went over wonderfully, Mr. Problems decided to try and steer it into a SMS vs 7800 thread about 6 hours prior to the OP. That too went over just as splendidly. So evidently, Mr. Problems decided to dump into the 7800 forum for a trifecta of versus topics.

These "versus" topics do always go over so well, as clearly demonstrated if one was to actually perform a search on the forums, or if notes were made on the recent last two attempts by Mr. Problems.

• Like 1

clearly i've wasted my time on this site

clearly, this site has been around since the late 90's, surely you are the only one to ever come up with a clickbait idea like ATARI VS NINTENDO, so there would never be a reason for you to look for it right?