IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Week 23 = Pole Position

S.BAZ

The method I use is to drive less perfect. My 60,910 total time was 212"32, but my 60,960 total time was 212"73 which is about four tenths slower. On all four laps I go off road some slowing it down here and there, far from perfect. On lap 1, you still want to finish it with 70 on the timer. Lap 2 69, Lap 3 66 and the final lap you want to finish with 15 ticks left. But using this slowing down and going off road method, just enough so you still end up with the times I've stated. For some reason you can pass a car or two more this way than trying to be "perfect". I was just able to score 60,960 again using this method. Took me a couple hours to do it again. Total time was 212"60. Takes some practice.

post-34612-0-22589700-1498795503_thumb.jpg

post-34612-0-05931200-1498795534_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

The method I use is to drive less perfect. My 60,910 total time was 212"32, but my 60,960 total time was 212"73 which is about four tenths slower. On all four laps I go off road some slowing it down here and there, far from perfect. On lap 1, you still want to finish it with 70 on the timer. Lap 2 69, Lap 3 66 and the final lap you want to finish with 15 ticks left. But using this slowing down and going off road method, just enough so you still end up with the times I've stated. For some reason you can pass a car or two more this way than trying to be "perfect". I was just able to score 60,960 again using this method. Took me a couple hours to do it again. Total time was 212"60. Takes some practice.

That's interesting that going off the road a little helps. I thought my 60,860 run was cleaner than my 60,910 run.

I was seeing all these other folks getting 60,910, yet I was running nearly flawless laps and the best I was getting was 60,860. This was aggravating the shit outta me. So, I watched a Youtube video of someone scoring 60,910. He/she was going around cars off road and skidding here and there, no where near perfect. So I threw the perfect approach out the window and employed the slower sloppy method and was finally able to score 60,910. Upon completing the final lap, I also noticed that the next car was pretty close to being passed as well. So I slowed it down a bit more and that's how I scored 60,960. It's crazy how this slower method works to score higher, but it does.

• Like 2

Bonus: Pole Position *gasp*

can't use Pole Position, sorry it's in the rules!

Score: 60,260

Bonus: Beany Bopper

You've already gotten a 2-word bonus (+1) with "Double Dragon." To get more bonus points you have to use titles with different #'s of words (see rules above).

But, since you posted bonus attempts with each improvement (before I responded), you can have a mulligan and make two more bonuses without further improvement :)

Bonus time :)

Boom Blox (Nintendo Wii)

Kirby: Canvas Curse (Nintendo DS)

Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak (Game Boy Advance)

according to the rules: after you bonus you have to improve your Pole Position score first in order to pick up any further bonus points. So for now (unless you prefer otherwise) I'll count the Hamtaro game for 3 points!

Bonus: Space Shuttle (Atari 2600, XL)

Starbyte Super Soccer (C-64, Amiga, MS-DOS)

only one can count right now (must improve Pole Position score to rack up another bonus) so unless you prefer otherwise, I'll go with Starbyte Super Soccer! (+2)