pacman 17:03

pitfall 17:47

pole position 18:40

space invaders 21:54

super breakout 23:27

Super Pac-Man 23:49

Vanguard 25:26

• Like 1

Nice list, and it's great to see Alley Cat, Captain Beeble, Dr. Mario XE, Henry's House, and Triad included here. Should Berzerk and Super Pac-Man even be on the list, though, since they're 5200 proto ports? And I'm sad that Hans Kloss, MIDIMaze, Operation Blood (or Commando), and Trailblazer are MIA . :)

Should Berzerk and Super Pac-Man even be on the list, though, since they're 5200 proto ports?

What's the problem with that?

And I'm sad that MIDIMaze got the shaft, once again. :)

Midi Maze is a proto too, right?

Edited by MrFish

What's the problem with that?

Midi Maze is a proto too, right?

Nothing! There are more than enough great "A8" (I'm being exclusive here) games to fill out that list, though. The 5200 can go and get its own list. :)

Sure MIDIMaze is a proto (as is Commando). I can't see how it could've been improved, tough.

Nothing! There are more than enough great "A8" (I'm being exclusive here) games to fill out that list, though. The 5200 can go and get its own list. :)

True, we've got plenty of exclusives. But if it wasn't for the 5200 the A8 would lack some of it's best arcade titles. A lot of the common games between the systems were developed to the level that they were in order to support the 5200 in the console "arena", in my opinion. Look at the game quality before the 5200 was released and you can see the difference in attention to detail. Just take the differences between the A8 and 5200 versions of Centipede as one example.

Sure MIDIMaze is a proto (as is Commando). I can't see how it could've been improved, tough.

It's pretty polished, but I've always thought the drone AI could be balanced out a little more. There's too drastic of a difference between the "Very Dumb" and "Plain Dumb" drones, which are right next to each other on the list. Playing against drones would be a lot more fun if some adjustments were made here.

Edited by MrFish

It's pretty polished, but I've always thought the drone AI could be balanced out a little more. There's too drastic of a difference between the "Very Dumb" and "Plain Dumb" drones, which are right next to each other on the list. Playing against drones would be a lot more fun if some adjustments were made here.

There are two differrent versions of MIDIMaze prototype, have you checked them both?

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-midi-maze_3380.html

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/161828-hooked-on-8-bit-carts/?p=2474062

In the second one, dhe default selection on the starting scren is MIDIMATE instead of SOLO, and the Drones option screen is missing the Nasty difficulty setting.

Thanks for the tip, I wasn't aware of there being another version.

I just played it for while and I don't see any difference with the two drones I spoke of though. Both ROM's say version 1.00 on them. I'm guessing dropping the "Nasty" drone from the list was all that was done, probably because they realized that "Plain Dumb" and "Not So Dumb" were already more than difficult enough, and "Nasty" wasn't needed.

Edited by MrFish