IGNORED

T.r.a.s.h. WIP

WizardBone

• 3 weeks later...

It has been raining for a couple days. So I been working on the game a bit. You can now walk into buildings, and a couple alley ways. Also been working on the first boss!
Sorry no playable update yet, thought I'd mention it for anyone that has been following. Better something done than nothing (as planned for the summer, lol)

• Like 3

Sweet keep at it, I can't wait to see the next T.R.A.S.H.! :)

Things are starting to settle down for me too, so I am able to be coding again. :D

AWESOME, glad you are picking up some time again. As you know I am waiting for yours as well :)

BTW, I haven't checked out the link you sent me yet, but thanks for the info sir!

• 2 weeks later...

I need a name to release games under, that is not WizardBone. Can we change user names here? WizardBone was suppose to be wizardbones, with an S lolll for starters, my bad. But yeah, still would rather a better user name if it's to be associated with my games.

Edited by WizardBone

Aaaaaah!!! Enough trash talk, we've bin waiting too long for more updates!!! :D

hahah that one made me laugh! I love the puns you guys make about/with trash. The bin was funny too :)

I'm trying my best to get it done for yall! I got a few updates done actually. As much as I'd love to share, it all isn't really tied together proper yet because It's like little parts for different things here and there, to release as is, would be an odd thing to play loll. I'm glad there a few of you still watching! I know I'm not making a typical atari type game, but it's still fun to try and achieve a game I would be interested in!

I do know for sure it will be 16k, no more, because of my sprite, playfeild and items. I got the last bank pretty close to the wire past week, so I wouldn't be able to get much more than I have now, so now I'm mainly just trying to bring it all together, there's lots I couldn't fit, and lots I managed to fit. Crosses fingers I can work it out all decent.

Edited by WizardBone
  • Like 2

You been keeping the morale going with our few messages. It's good to have a place with like minded people willing to share knowledge :)

Ugh why wasn't I subscribed to the topic. =_= Though I'm glad I can be a relatively good cheerleader. :D Talking with you has helped my motivation as well. :)

• Like 1

Ugh why wasn't I subscribed to the topic. =_= Though I'm glad I can be a relatively good cheerleader. :D Talking with you has helped my motivation as well. :)

Yea man, I rarely get notified when someone comments. I made it a habit to check myself now lol

Hahaha you are now a cheerleader in my eyes :P BUT GOOD, I think we all need a lil push and few words sometimes. Programming can be hard on the brains

• Like 1

This is easily in the top two games I am most interested to see developed. I could see a game like this done on the 7800 but it continually amazes me to see what the 2600 can be pushed to do.

Well jeez thanks mrBeefy! It's funny you say that, I had a convo with Jinroh a few weeks ago and I mentioned something like, it'd be cool to let t.r.a.s.h. evolve on other systems. Of course that's a time consuming dream lllolll as this is the first game I've programmed. But yeah I'm pretty sure after I get this one done for the 2600, i'll bump it to another system. But 2600 was the first system my dad ever bought for me lol, starting here has been fun.

Edited by WizardBone
  • Like 2

Well jeez thanks mrBeefy! It's funny you say that, I had a convo with Jinroh a few weeks ago and I mentioned something like, it'd be cool to let t.r.a.s.h. evolve on other systems. Of course that's a time consuming dream lllolll as this is the first game I've programmed. But yeah I'm pretty sure after I get this one done for the 2600, i'll bump it to another system. But 2600 was the first system my dad ever bought for me lol, starting here has been fun.

I agree, I still think it would be pretty sweet to see it on various platforms.

VCS -> A8/NES -> Atari ST/Lynx/Genesis something like that.

At very least if you stick to 6502 based systems you don't have to re-invent the WHOLE wheel. ;3

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1

At very least if you stick to 6502 based systems you don't have to re-invent the WHOLE wheel. ;3

THAT is my only problem, I am wondering how much I need to relearn and rewrite if I decide to try different platforms later down the road. I'm sure i'll figure it out if I get a strong enough desire after this one :)

I'm pretty sure I'll release an update for 2600 sometime the weekend; if free time continues to allow me. A near complete update I'm thinking, there isn't much left I can do. The game will be pretty short, which for me is the biggest down fall. But i'm ok with that as a first game. After that, I guess I need to work on the evil flickering lol Downfall #2 :P

EDIT: if you wanna call it a flicker. I find it to be more jittery, it's not rolling either. It reminds me of when you put the drawscreen in an awkward place, everything looks like it's jumping or running cycles weirdly. I GET A FEELING that is the issue, because I am using two sprites sets (two drawscreens) so I might have stuck that command in awkwardly... you'd think I should know :P but I been building and not really looking back over the script for bugs YET *brain rambles*

Edited by WizardBone
  • Like 1

How about an E.T. sprite? His head goes up every time you blast him. :)

lollll E.T.'s head, so random but funny. But not really that random I guess considering we all know where that game ended up :)

Edit: Too bad ET couldn't be the last boss, king of garbage hehe oh I love that lil guy, poor thing. I never thought about the mere relation before, now I wanna hide him in a wall somewhere among the trash as an easter egg to find ;p Pretty sure that's illegal though lolll

Edited by WizardBone

Got some time to play tonight. Really enjoying the progress. Some notes:

TV Guy instant kill is still a fun killer. Almost all of my deaths come from the sudden appearance of the TV guy and it's just instant GAME OVER. The game then becomes how long can you go until you get the instant kill screen.

The hit box on the trash pick-ups is too small and finicky. Can you enlarge it. I've been right on top of trash bags and cans and unable to pick up the garbage.

A couple of times I've seen two eyeball monsters on the same screen, one yellow one green. The green one seems inactive and disappears when you kill the yellow one. Is this a bug?

Fairly often the generated enemy will die immediately upon my entering the screen, without my doing anything.

Sometimes when the enemy is killed the trash can sprite appears briefly and then disappears.

Are you still planning to allow the player to enter the buildings and search for trash? This would add some depth to the game play. You had hinted at surprises in the buildings, either power-ups, bosses, or high point value trash. I think that would take the game to the next level.

Thanks for letting us play!

Are you still planning to allow the player to enter the buildings and search for trash? This would add some depth to the game play. You had hinted at surprises in the buildings, either power-ups, bosses, or high point value trash. I think that would take the game to the next level.

You can! hmm

I get a feeling you downloaded the old bin? You can enter buildings and such in the new bin. the new one is called TRASH_Update

• Like 1