IGNORED

T.r.a.s.h. WIP

WizardBone

Oh man! I am so sick to hear that you lost all of your work. T.T

So sorry man. :/

The 8-bit Family would also be a good choice I think, given its BASIC languages are very mature and you can get some really nice graphics out of it. I have been working on 7800 as well to see if I want to travel that path too. I think Trash would be great fun on either one.

I could rebuild it, probably faster than the first time... but redoing it is what makes me feel ill lolol

the 8-bit family is a pretty cute choice as well. : )

Ooooo, what are you working on for 7800?

decisions decisions. I am also going to be cautious about graphic limitations and such because there comes a point when it will become overwhelming - one person to draw everything as well as program. I need a nice middle ground that I can manage : )

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, WizardBone said:

I could rebuild it, probably faster than the first time... but redoing it is what makes me feel ill lolol

the 8-bit family is a pretty cute choice as well. : )

Ooooo, what are you working on for 7800?

decisions decisions. I am also going to be cautious about graphic limitations and such because there comes a point when it will become overwhelming - one person to draw everything as well as program. I need a nice middle ground that I can manage : )

Ugh sorry man I know how you feel about having to re-do it. Even just re-coding Carrot Kingdominto its new 32K form has been something that is daunting. :D I support you no matter how you intend to bring Trash back to life it was such a rad game. :)

I am looking at possibly doing the 'director's cut' of Carrot Kingdomas a 7800 game. I started updating my tools for the A8 and adding export to the 7800 so maybe I will do that. Not sure yet.

I think your game would look pretty sweet on the A8 or 7800. ^^

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1

Ugh sorry man I know how you feel about having to re-do it. Even just re-coding Carrot Kingdom® into its new 32K form has been something that is daunting. :D I support you no matter how you intend to bring Trash back to life it was such a rad game. :)

I am looking at possibly doing the 'director's cut' of Carrot Kingdom® as a 7800 game. I started updating my tools for the A8 and adding export to the 7800 so maybe I will do that. Not sure yet.

I think your game would look pretty sweet on the A8 or 7800. ^^

lol Wow you got a lot on your plate! Carrot kingdom would look nuts on 7800. :D

True, this is something else I need to consider and look into, the tools used. 0_0

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, MrBeefy said:

Man played this one this morning. Any chance of you picking this back up and working on it again?

SWEET! Did you ever get to the boss, Junkhead?
- You need 9000 points, and he is in the "factory" and in a room with the "door on the right" LOL
I only recall one person telling me they beat him.

Currently, I am working on another game, different concept, and not for atari. Perhaps rude to talk about that here, so I won't. 
I can't pick this one back up even if I wanted, because the script is lost to time. I'd have to rebuild it from scratch. I'm dumb like that. Maybe someone knows who to get it from the game? I do not. 
The concept amuses me still, I do wanna revisit it. Not sure how tho. 
I been looking at other ways to bring it back to life, but again, it's probably rude to talk about non-related Atari things here. :D

I can make you a t-shirt with some of the art on it if you want ? lolll jokes

Edited by WizardBone
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, WizardBone said:

- You need 9000 points, and he is in the "factory" and in a room with the "door on the right" LOL

Currently, I am working on another game, different concept, and not for atari. Perhaps rude to talk about that here, so I won't. 
I can't pick this one back up even if I wanted, because the script is lost to time. I'd have to rebuild it from scratch. I'm dumb like that. Maybe someone knows who to get it from the game? I do not. 
I been looking at other ways to bring it back to life, but again, it's probably rude to talk about non-related Atari things here. :D

On 5/5/2019 at 12:29 PM, Tidus79001 said:
On 4/2/2019 at 6:26 PM, WizardBone said:

I thought I left a message for the people who help motivate development.

My external hard drive was stolen from my bag awhile back at a public library -_- Yup, I'm one of those idiots that never kept multiple copies of the project.

It makes me sick to think about rebuilding the game lol the gameplay doesn't hold up, so I'm not gonna try to recapture it.

This game is in it's final form whatever it is. Rightly called Trash.

Have you considered remaking the game for the Atari 7800? I know it would mean restarting but with the capabilities of the 7800 you could make it so much more than than the original. The game is amazing and this is type of game that the Atari 7800 is sorely missing.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:00 PM, WizardBone said:

Thanks for the nice comment Tidus : )

I have considered making a Trash for the 7800. I've considered many others as well. I've even considered using a modern engine. I can't decide though. I want to make sure if I'm gonna learn a bunch of new stuff.

I believe what stops me is thinking about game play. I can imagine trash on many machines and how it might look according to each of their limitations, but I struggle with forming ideas for game play. I suppose that doesn't matter first, getting something on screen is step one lol. Still, need to decide on what to try n built a demo for next.

I still hope that if you ever do look to revisit this game concept that you code it for the 7800.  With the shared hardware architecture between the 2 systems it should be quick for you to pickup 7800 coding.  The 2600 version of your game is amazing and really pushes the boundaries of what one expects 2600 game play and capabilities are.  So while your original version is a great proof of concept you could really make it shine by coding it on the 7800 and to take advantage of the 7800 XM Expansion Module that is very near completion now after all these years in developments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WizardBone said:

No I did not make it to the boss but now I have a goal!

What platform are you working on for your current game?

10 hours ago, Tidus79001 said:

I still hope that if you ever do look to revisit this game concept that you code it for the 7800.  With the shared hardware architecture between the 2 systems it should be quick for you to pickup 7800 coding.  The 2600 version of your game is amazing and really pushes the boundaries of what one expects 2600 game play and capabilities are.  So while your original version is a great proof of concept you could really make it shine by coding it on the 7800 and to take advantage of the 7800 XM Expansion Module that is very near completion now after all these years in developments.

I agree, I don't think it would be that hard to learn. Well, I'm sure it's not super simple but you know what I mean.  lol
I have learned a few languages over the years, I don't find it that hard lol logic is logic. Just gotta take the time to understand how it needs to be written. 

9 hours ago, chewy said:

yea- its hella good- espically graphically

You so kind :D 

Although, the double sprites were a pain in the butt. Which goes back to Tidus's comment. It pushes the 2600 but, surely the game would feel more at home on something like 7800 or after. 7800 seems like the logical next step. 

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

No I did not make it to the boss but now I have a goal!

What platform are you working on for your current game?

The boss is pretty big, I enjoy him. 

It's for PC. More so an adventure game that I need to get out of my brain. The idea has been nagging me to do it for years, so now I am lolll I choose PC because I don't wanna use all my game ideas on retro systems. I'd like to have a game that runs on modern hardware as well. And keep the trash idea for systems I grew up playing. That is the plan anyway.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WizardBone said:

I agree, I don't think it would be that hard to learn. Well, I'm sure it's not super simple but you know what I mean.  lol
I have learned a few languages over the years, I don't find it that hard lol logic is logic. Just gotta take the time to understand how it needs to be written. 

You so kind :D 

Although, the double sprites were a pain in the butt. Which goes back to Tidus's comment. It pushes the 2600 but, surely the game would feel more at home on something like 7800 or after. 7800 seems like the logical next step. 

The boss is pretty big, I enjoy him. 

It's for PC. More so an adventure game that I need to get out of my brain. The idea has been nagging me to do it for years, so now I am lolll I choose PC because I don't wanna use all my game ideas on retro systems. I'd like to have a game that runs on modern hardware as well. And keep the trash idea for systems I grew up playing. That is the plan anyway.

Sounds good. You should still put a blurb out on it even if not 2600.

2 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Sounds good. You should still put a blurb out on it even if not 2600.

True true. For now, I don't like to talk about things until there is a playable demo.
I don't wanna be the person who talks ideas and nothing comes of it. At least a demo, I say. So I shall wait and talk vague. LOL
It's 2D adventure...rpg...thing. The likes of Zelda. The likes of final fantasy. Graphically and story-wise, nothing like those games. I'm hoping to have a demo done by end of summer tho. then I can free myself to work on two projects. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WizardBone said:

True true. For now, I don't like to talk about things until there is a playable demo.
I don't wanna be the person who talks ideas and nothing comes of it. At least a demo, I say. So I shall wait and talk vague. LOL
It's 2D adventure...rpg...thing. The likes of Zelda. The likes of final fantasy. Graphically and story-wise, nothing like those games. I'm hoping to have a demo done by end of summer tho. then I can free myself to work on two projects. 

Can you say what platform at least?  It's okay to mention other platforms here, I think.  ;-) 

11 minutes ago, KevKelley said:

I figured I'd chime in. Graphics for this is amazing. Love the concept. Love the execution. Love the gameplay. 

I can also see this as a 7800 title. Just saying.  

I think it's funny there are still comments. It enjoyed making it, so it's nice people enjoy playing. 
It's motivation to build another someday. It's easy to drown in passion. I gotta keep it real. One at a time :D

19 minutes ago, Karl G said:

Can you say what platform at least?  It's okay to mention other platforms here, I think.  ;-) 

Just pc. Windows and Linux right now. I know someone who says they can port to mac, but I dunno, I'm not overly concerned about a mac port right now lol. It's nothing super crazy to program, I'm convinced I will be able to do it myself with time and effort. Programming is going well, art is going well, battle system has me slowed down big time. I don't wanna be a zelda knock off, or a FF knock off or any kind of knock off. Inspired sure, but not a carbon copy. 

EDIT: I'd like to say, no I am not using rpg maker lol 

Edited by WizardBone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WizardBone said:

I get not wanting to talk about it much.

57 minutes ago, WizardBone said:

I think it's funny there are still comments. It enjoyed making it, so it's nice people enjoy playing. 
It's motivation to build another someday. It's easy to drown in passion. I gotta keep it real. One at a time :D

That would be cool if you revisit it or even go the 7800 route.

• Like 1