IGNORED

T.r.a.s.h. WIP

WizardBone

• 2 weeks later...

This game has very well done graphics that look manage to look amazing in spite of the limited technical capabilities of the Atari 2600. I always enjoy seeing the clever techniques that programmers have used to pushed the envelope on Atari 2600 games.

• Like 1

I' am going to do again a little part for fun :)

hehe excellent. I hope you enjoyed the second run. Sorry mate, I been busy moving into another house lol, I thought I replied to you : / my bad dude

This game has very well done graphics that look manage to look amazing in spite of the limited technical capabilities of the Atari 2600. I always enjoy seeing the clever techniques that programmers have used to pushed the envelope on Atari 2600 games.

Hey Thanks Tidus! I always appreciate kind words about the sprites. I am proud of them :) I put more energy and thought into them than the programming side(because I have no idea what i'm doing) lol. Next I can hopefully incorporate one of those cool graphic title screens everyone has, with more detail?. Probably the next task for the coming cold winter months lol.

• Like 1

My only request would be if you continue developing (and I hope you do, I have enjoyed playing it), is the world be repeatable. Meaning as you switch between screens, when you reverse, the same screen is there.

When you are inside the building, is it endless?

i think someone else said same, cant remember who hmm. I guess I could but it was intended to be endless.

Although, I have toyed with the idea of, the city still randomizes, but once the screen generates, it stays same.. But each game would be different because its still random.

But yeah, everything works off the generator, so much would have to be redone. Unless I can find a couple vars to hold the info. who knows! :-o

I guess kinda what you mean?

• Like 1

Your new boss looks badass man! :D

Sorry I'm so behiiiind! I need to catch up, cuz I love this T.R.A.S.H. :D

Thanks! Dr. Junkhead is a total badass. This whole mess is his fault! lol

Nah, no worries man, we all got life... things... haha I havent been checking up on games either. Hows carrot kingdom going?? Almost finished?

Spent the afternoon till now reading, playing, learning about the cool titlescreen kernals. I was pretty excited because they are fairly simple to tie into the code, but only now I thought to look how much rom space it eats up. It seems to eat up ALOT of the last bank? :( So, now i'm sad, I cannot afford what's needed for crazy titlescreen in the last bank. Should have guessed :P

Edited by WizardBone

Works fine on the AFP, except for the scoring error at bottom of the screen.

So on portable, I assume the score will work normal again after the titlescreen? if so, not a problem, I had planned on taking out the score on the titlescreen anyway.

I'm pretty sure you can put it in bank 7 by itself. I had used the title screen on sword of Iffrit but took it out for better play on the portable

Second reply, I put it in bank 7, but bank 8 still gets eaten alive lol hmmmmm

I was using the title screen kernel and the picture and text were messed up on the portable don't think the score was even on. Unless someone came up with a fix then I assume it's still broken. Also I had no code in bank 8 I think all the graphics accumulate in that bank.

Edited by ultima

So on portable, I assume the score will work normal again after the titlescreen? if so, not a problem, I had planned on taking out the score on the titlescreen anyway.

It starts off with a score of "030000" for some reason everytime. I think its a common error with bB games played on the AFP.

• Like 1

Also I had no code in bank 8 I think all the graphics accumulate in that bank.

Yeah, thats where my issue comes from. Graphics accumulate in whichever last bank, and so does the titlescreen "info" for me. Even when put titlescreen in bank 7, bank 8 still eats up like 2000k. It's as if it requires almost two banks, a free bank whereever, and half of the last bank for it's graphics lol crazy. Can't have both it seems.

It starts off with a score of "030000" for some reason everytime. I think its a common error with bB games played on the AFP.

man I need to stop slacking and buy stuff for physical testing lol, that kinda stuff freaks me out haha

• Like 1

It's not the titlescreen kernel that is taking up extra space in the last bank, but the display kernel. bB puts the display kernel in the last bank, along with graphics.

OOOOH, well that makes sense yes. It's a kind of a shame that bB has to put it in the last bank. I love how they look for titlescreens.

Last few nights i've been bangin my head on the wall trying to figure out what else I can do with the game lol It would have to be within the script only, because of graphics and such - No space.

I turned er' up to 32k and just look at it with a blank stare, anything I can think of wouldn't enhance the game.

Developer block?

• 5 weeks later...

I did not know that. Good to know!

:D I bet it was a mystery for most. Perhaps I forgot to tell ya'll. Oops.

Taking a break from Trash. Giving me brain damage trying to figure out how to make it better lollllll

But I did start putting together a new project in the meantime, it's rpg-ish. Nothing serious, or much to show, just something to tie me over until I workout how to finish Trash.

BTW, Merry Christmas to anybody it applies too! :rolling:

any way of separating the numbers a bit?

Hmmmmmm. Well, I guess I could move it to the first digit. Only reason I put it on the second is because as of now it appears as a 03, instead of 30.

But, yeah I could move it over for sure no problem. Other than that, there is a "life bar" kinda thing that goes on the top of the screen. I was gonna use that first before I split score, but it was causing a lot of flicker, which is what lead me to using the score to keep track of lives. I think those are my only two options.

Unless you had another idea in mind? lemme know sir!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...