IGNORED

Instant Atari 8-bit cartridge collection.. 69 unique carts!

birdie3

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/132237283537?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

The birdman's gettin' dee-vorced and needs some cash for a retainer. Selling off some old dust collectors... This lot is pretty damned nice to say the least. A few highlights:

Blaster

Super Zaxxon

Pastfinder

Up N' Down

Karateka

Crystal Castles

Mario Bros.

many, many more

Thanks for your interest. Auction ends tomorrow at 5:00 EST. Cheers!!

• Like 1

why in the world did this sell so high? $787.00.

Super Zaxxon is the rarest, and this one appears stained. And that goes for around $90 at best, in better condition right now.

Topper has been a $70 cart. Karateka sells for about $40-50. The rest for the most part are common.

Castle Crisis is a homebrew, this one with a distributor label, $30.

Because it looked like an awesome set. I don't care about Atari 8-bit computers, I think cartridges are a stupid waste of space, and even I was excited about this lot. I didn't bid and I wouldn't have won if I had, but congrats to the birdie3! Good things can come out of divorce.

Congrats for what. Of course anybody can grossly over pay for anything, and that is the case here. Great games, but cheaper everywhere, and in better condition.

"I think cartridges are a stupid waste of space", now that is funny.

I guess you think disk (CD) games are better.

If anyone else wants the same lot, I'll sell them for $787 and they'll be in much better condition. :)

why in the world did this sell so high? $787.00.

Super Zaxxon is the rarest, and this one appears stained. And that goes for around $90 at best, in better condition right now.

Topper has been a $70 cart. Karateka sells for about $40-50. The rest for the most part are common.

Castle Crisis is a homebrew, this one with a distributor label, $30.

From the bid history it looks like one guy kept intentionally driving up the price and others were sucked into it. That final price is mind boggling though. Looking at the lineup and condition I personally would not have bid more than $100 on this lot if I needed them.

Reminds me of the time about 10 or so years ago I listed a Sega Master System "Outrun 3D" (NTSC USA version) and a bid war ensued and it sold for like $600. The buyer paid right away. Two weeks later it was relisted with a reserve and couldn't get past $100. I saw that person relist it multiple times.