IGNORED

1 Monster Truck Vs. 61 Children (2600)

Were you guys planning on fleshing this out with more gameplay elements?

I was not. I'd like to make the kids look better, but I'm unsure of how to do that without flickering. But as far as game play, that's pretty much all I had planned for it. RIP those fire buttons!

A monster truck jumping over a line of children? That's seriously sick, dude. Goes right there next to Custer's Revenge on my personal disgust-o-meter. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with people... :roll:

Thank god this was not released on coleco, we do not allow this kind of smut on our brand name ...er console

• Like 2

A monster truck jumping over a line of children? That's seriously sick, dude. Goes right there next to Custer's Revenge on my personal disgust-o-meter. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with people... :roll:

Not gonna lie, that was the first game I immediately put on my Harmony as soon as I got it... It's not something I'm proud of...

Now, now, let's not be hasty. Custer's revenge was a damn fine piece of art. So is this! :rolling:
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why not clowns or barrels?

Score by how many you jump.

Barrels are cool. You could use one of those flicker kernels to excited the sprite count so it looks like a lot of objects. Or stick figures... :evil:

Here's an idea. Two kids per sprite. Using P0 and P1 sprites triplicated simultaneously for up to 12 children displayed onscreen simultaneously without flicker. 24 children with flicker.

children.bmp

• Like 1

Barrels are cool. You could use one of those flicker kernels to excited the sprite count so it looks like a lot of objects. Or stick figures... :evil:

Here's an idea. Two kids per sprite. Using P0 and P1 sprites triplicated simultaneously for up to 12 children displayed onscreen simultaneously without flicker. 24 children with flicker.

children.bmp

The monster truck is already two sprites, so I'm very limited. Plus I might have had more limits with the timer bars, but I forget. Either way, I don't want to truck to flicker.

Why not clowns or barrels?

Score by how many you jump.

Scoring by how many kids you jump is a planned feature whenever I get around to re-making the PC version. Although, I'm using the score actually to give the directions in the Atari version with a custom score font, since I didn't put in a real score system.

• 5 months later...

No way! Wisdom Tree is still around? I used to play Exodus and Bible Adventure on DOS. Pretty good games, I had a lot of fun playing them. Except that they came with a 10x10 password sheet that you needed in order to play the game, otherwise you could only play the demo, and we lost the sheet for Bible Adventure. I guess they wanted parents to have the ability to have a lock on the games so their kids didn't get addicted to video games.

You can play DOS Exodus on archive.com here, and they might have the other games, too.