IGNORED

Rayman- unreleased SNES prototype

Tartfox

The rom for the previously unreleased prototype of Rayman, has been dumped- https://twitter.com/ocornut/status/881876378056085505

Very early build so there's not much to it, but still a great chance to play something that could've been on the Super Nintendo. The original premise of 'Rayman' was that he exists inside a computer and must face-off against a computer virus as the game's main villain.

Rayman-SNES-Version.jpg

Edited by Tartfox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very early build so there's not much to it, but still a great chance to play something that could've been on the Super Nintendo.

I really do not see the point. The entire "gameplay" is walking right like 10 seconds hitting a dead end. You can then walk back 3 seconds and jump up a vacuum tube and then go right again for other 15 seconds. You can look at screenshots and see everything there is in just a few pics.

I had someone request I make this today and I refused. I doubt any person would pay to have this on a cart unless they wanted to try and sell on ebay to some sucker for hundreds. Guy even had a label for it and everything. He was ready to roll in the dough.

He told me he wanted to see it on real hardware, but I don't believe it. It's a 30 second level and that's it, plus it will look the same on hardware as it does on emulator.