IGNORED

Vectrex multi-carts?

Good_Times

yes they are exactly the same and no differences in gameplay etc

its a good idea to get a writeable flash/usb/microsd type of multicart so that you can play new homebrew games which come out, rather than the limited non-writeable carts out there

some options for the writeable carts are the vecmulti cart, or the soon to be released vecfever cart

for the vecmulti you can try sending a message to the creator called Richard, to see if he has any left in stock

here is a link if you wish to send him a message:

http://atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=2630

• Like 1

yes they are exactly the same and no differences in gameplay etc

its a good idea to get a writeable flash/usb/microsd type of multicart so that you can play new homebrew games which come out, rather than the limited non-writeable carts out there

some options for the writeable carts are the vecmulti cart, or the soon to be released vecfever cart

for the vecmulti you can try sending a message to the creator called Richard, to see if he has any left in stock

here is a link if you wish to send him a message:

http://atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=members&module=messaging§ion=send&do=form&fromMemberID=2630

Fantastic, thank you!

A local guy has a Vectrex that he's been tempting me with. Dunno how much longer my willpower can hold out, heh.

• Like 1

How much is he asking for it?

Last year it was $200, more recently down to $150, so I'm kind of waiting for another price drop, heh. I've seen it running, the screen is as sharp as a tack, but the housing is kind of grungy and it's got some scarring/melt marks. It's an out-of-the-way flea that I don't think many folks even know exists, and he keeps the damned thing down on the floor covered in boxes and junk. I've told him to Ebay it, but he says "ehhhhh, don't wanna mess around with shipping this thing..."

At this point I'm not sure if he really even WANTS to sell it or if it's become like a 'shop mascot', heh. It's kind of like a back & forth that he and I have been doing for years. ;)

I would jump on that thing! I paid about $400 DLVD (very clean w/ 2 clean controllers) for mine once I sell off all the games I don't want. I couldn't wait any longer lol If the cosmetics of the outside are crappy you could always see if someone has an extra skin to sell. Some of them are pretty cool. You probably wont find lower than $350 on eBay DLVD and wont have to worry about it being shipped. Save that poor system before all the moving of it damages its insides!

Yep. I got mine for $75 about 7 years ago. I guess I'm lucky. Just taking a quick look at eBay that Vectrex for $150 looks to be a good deal.

Yeah, I've owned a couple, pre-internet. One of 'em I found at a Goodwill for a few dollars. They had it on a shelf along with the b&w/portable TVs, ha.

Good times.

I've been doing a bit of Ebay tracking, as well....seen them go for as little as $150 fairly recently. I think maybe I'll go see him again with some 'completed auction' listings in hand.....maybe we can swap (friendly) barbs for an hour or so. ;)

hell he'll raise the price then

Hehe, maybe. I'll try and get a pic or three of this thing, just so you can see how bad off the housing really is. You ever see a REALLY beat down, abused arcade machine - cig burns, cracks, soiled, screen looking like it's covered in snot/crusted semen/etc. - ? Yeah, think along those lines. :( Poor vectrex.

If I knew of someone locally that could repair/do a thorough once-over I might have more interest. Hell, for all I know, the poor thing could blow a gasket hours after I get it home. I'm far from a 'poor' man, but the idea of tossing $100+ into the toilet bowl doesn't exactly fill me with glee.

I've just sold the very last one ever.

As written in various e-mails your VecMulti is a very important piece in the Vectrex puzzle - both for players and collectors. We are all very thankful for that it is available for a reasonable price. You don't want to say that there won't be VecMultis anymore, Richard?

I suspect with the upcoming VecFever cartridge, people are going to be buying that instead, but really depends on the price. We have no idea on that yet. If it's double the VecMulti, then it's probably viable to make more.

Via Google searches, I keep seeing the name Sean Kelly and something about 'All Good Things'. (?)

One of the first multicarts out there with a menu driven interface. Still a great multicart.

If none are available via Sean's eBay sales then you can always message Sean direct for a purchase. No reason at all to pay some of the crazy prices above $60 you see some listed.

Sean Kelly's Vectrex Multi-Cart via ebay:https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?&_ssn=skelly-etc&_nkw=%22Sean+Kelly%22+%22Vectrex%22+%22Multi-Cart%22

Sean on this board: http://atariage.com/forums/user/39054-skellyetc/

All Good Things was a multi game cart put out by John Dondzila. John made lots of great games for the Vectrex. Several of which he allowed to be included on the Sean Kelly Multi-cart.. There is a nice review of "All Good Things" here https://www.vectrexworld.com/all-good-things.

Unfortunately John Dondzila no longer makes Vectrex games. But authorized productions of his carts can be found on on the Packrat Video Games site here. http://www.packratvg.com/vechbrews.html

Edited by Vectrexer
  • Like 1

I suspect with the upcoming VecFever cartridge, people are going to be buying that instead, but really depends on the price. We have no idea on that yet. If it's double the VecMulti, then it's probably viable to make more.

Right. And Richard provided (and hopefully continues providing) his hardware for years and years. This continuity and reliability is a blessing for the Vectrex community.

Please note that a multi-cartridge (e.g. Sean Kelly multi-cartridge) and a flashable cartridge (e.g. VecFlash, VecMulti, and VecFever) are two different pairs of shoes: Multicartridges provide a given set of games while on a flashable cartridge you can put any binaries that you want. Both multi-cartridges and flashable cartridge are interesting for players and collectors; in addition flashable cartridge are great and important for software developers and alpha/beta testers and anyone who wants to play downloadable & free homebrew games. Michael Bormanns's (developer of VecFu) very recent post in the Vectorgaming Forum clearly shows the importance of the availability of flashable cartridges:

Doesn't make much sense for me to do any further developing if I cannot test on a real Vectrex.

I cross my fingers that flashable cartridges will remain available for the coming years - best option would be both VecMulti and VecFever. Edited by hcmffm

Dammit... Why does this happen days after I have my first Vectrex coming this week :(

Actually suprisingly this year while there wasn't any vectrex's in the Freeplay area, several people where selling vectrexs and games this year at SRGE. I managed to pick up some cheap vectrex games with overlays. A couple sellers even had vectrex multicarts and even one of Richard's carts, There was also a strange NES like vectrex controller along with the VecAdapt. Honestly though even the built in minestorm game is pretty fun and will keep you entertained for awhile. The sean kelly cart isn't bad, I've only used it when playing vectrex in the FreePlay area.

• 1 month later...