IGNORED

Will the Genisis MK-1602-1 power adapter work for the Jaguar?

s0s

I have an Atari Jaguar, but lost the power adapter a long time ago. I've seen people saying the first-gen Genesis power adapter works for the Jaguar, but what about the MK-1602-1 adapter? It's intended for the first-gen Genesis, which requires 9V and 1.2A, but the adapter is 10V and 1.2A. I don't know why they made it 1 volt more, but it's meant for a system that requires 9V, so would it work for the Jaguar? From pictures people have posted, it looks like the same company might have made the same power adapter for multiple companies.

Edited by s0s

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gather, a skunkboard is jargon for the motherboard, right?

2. Also, from your link, it sounds like 10V is ok, unless I'm interpreting what Tursi is saying wrong.

3. How do I tell the version of the skunkboard in my Jaguar?

Thanks

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need a Jaguar PSU sticky. I'm happy to write something up if the mods think it is worthwhile. Maybe not even PSU specific but other things like blown regulators, signs of a blown regulator, etc.

• Like 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need a Jaguar PSU sticky. I'm happy to write something up if the mods think it is worthwhile. Maybe not even PSU specific but other things like blown regulators, signs of a blown regulator, etc.

^^^ what he says AND a sticky about the fumes, seriously I was largely unaware of how many topics got created about "if only the devs knew better" or "jagga untappa powa" .... I can see why it gets annoying eventually.

^^^ what he says AND a sticky about the fumes, seriously I was largely unaware of how many topics got created about "if only the devs knew better" or "jagga untappa powa" .... I can see why it gets annoying eventually.

Or we could ban JagChris

• Like 2

Go for it. Write up a new topic and I'll sticky it.

• Like 2