IGNORED

STFM motherboard remake project.

This sounds really awesome to me. The only thing I'd really want is an easier way to attach a modern display. I really don't want to stick to small CRTs. :)

Next best thing would be to provide standard composite a/v or svideo jack(s) if possible even without a modulator. Not the best possible display, to be sure, but the STF lacks composite video while the STFM has it to feed the modulator.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like it will turn out GREAT! Please take all the time you need, and do it right.

The only thing almost every user would want is a way to connect to a modern display. There have been so many started then stopped project to address this issue that I have lost count. It dose not have to be 4K HDMI ! Just SVGA, or VGA, S-video? Something to get out from under SC1224's, please! I do not think anyone of us would have a problem with drilling a hole in the back of our cases to accommodate a new connection. I drilled a slot in the back of my Falcon for a SD removable SD card! (ps the falcon psu I got from you works perfectly!)

If you make a call out for additional assistance in building a compatible circuit here, I'm sure you would get all the input you need. But do it one your timeline, not others. When the time comes, please put me down for one!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Test layout is about ready for a small run of boards... So if anyone wants to get on board with helping then please watch the main thread in my forum... I need people willing to invest a bit of cash and time in building , testing, debugging etc.

This board is Tweaked STF type design. It is currently about half the size of the normal motherboard in order to keep costs down prototype runs.

There is no RF modulator, and the 32MHz generator circuit is simply been replaced with a 32MHz oscillator chip ( like on the MEGA ST). The RS232 circuit has been simplified now using more integrated solution, but does the same job, using the lot less bits! The ROMs have been replaced with a single 16bit ROM. The CPU is now a PLCC CPU. The RAM is reusing old Falcon RAM cards, either 1MB or 4MB.There is also been various tweaks around the board which I won't go into again.
For those who want to yet again start with a, why don't I do this or that type discussion, then please see it all has already been talked about in great lengths.. The first step is to create a working clone and then build upon stable platform. People either help at this stage of the project, or it never goes ahead and never gets improved on. Is entirely depends on support from the community.

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

post-7597-0-50083100-1532979094_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Excellent looking board!!!

Pardon my ignorance, but I do not see a FD power header. Nor the groves that fit standard ST power supply legs. Perhaps a support mount hole on the right? Plugging, unplugging connections on the right might flex the board a bit much? Maybe add a silk-screened '+' for polarity next to all the caps, and other such components?

But I'm very, very impressed by your progress!!

Still hoping for some Standard s/vga output??

Please keep posting your successes here for us to see!!!!

Have a look here

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1171

and here

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=330

and here

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=71

Anyone who wants to keep up with current news, just visit my forum...

I don't post much here (or anywhere else for that matter) as I just end up repeating myself when stuff has already been talked about before.

• 8 months later...