IGNORED

TMS 9900 Project PCB Available

Stuart

I've been playing with breadboards and PCBs again, and have a new little system available based on our favourite processor, the TMS 9900. Specs are:

• 16-bit TMS 9900 microprocessor running at 3 MHz.
  • TMS 9901 Programmable Systems Interface.
  • 32K + 32K byte (two banks) EPROM, bank selectable through jumper or CRU output bit.
  • 32K + 32K byte (two banks) battery-backed static RAM, bank selectable through CRU output bit.
  • RS-232 serial port operating at 19200 Baud (7 data bits, even parity, 2 stop bits).
  • Single +5V @ 200mA power supply requirement.
  • Reset switch.
  • Small prototyping area on PCB.

Runs a system monitor, Cortex BASIC and Forth. No means of saving programs, but you can maintain/edit them on the PC and download them over the serial link. On the PCB, there are take-off points for all the main signals, if you want to expand it further. More details here: http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/tms9900_breadboard/tms9900_breadboard.htm.

I've got a couple of bare PCBs spare - anyone interested? £27 each plus postage to you from the UK. This will include:

• The PCB.
  • A TMS9900, 9901, 9904. I was given several sets of these, so am passing them on for free. Some parts appear to be “remanufactured in China”, but I’ve tested them and they seem OK (at least in the short term).
  • +12V converter module.
  • 64-pin turned pin IC socket.
  • 3.3uH choke.
  • Reset switch, power socket, pin strips.
  • Various resistors where I have lots of spares.

All the other parts needed are easily available.

Let me know if interested.

tms9900_pcb_system_cropped.gif

• Like 6

I've been playing with breadboards and PCBs again, and have a new little system available based on our favourite processor, the TMS 9900. Specs are:

• 16-bit TMS 9900 microprocessor running at 3 MHz.
  • TMS 9901 Programmable Systems Interface.
  • 32K + 32K byte (two banks) EPROM, bank selectable through jumper or CRU output bit.
  • 32K + 32K byte (two banks) battery-backed static RAM, bank selectable through CRU output bit.
  • RS-232 serial port operating at 19200 Baud (7 data bits, even parity, 2 stop bits).
  • Single +5V @ 200mA power supply requirement.
  • Reset switch.
  • Small prototyping area on PCB.

Runs a system monitor, Cortex BASIC and Forth. No means of saving programs, but you can maintain/edit them on the PC and download them over the serial link. On the PCB, there are take-off points for all the main signals, if you want to expand it further. More details here: http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/tms9900_breadboard/tms9900_breadboard.htm.

I've got a couple of bare PCBs spare - anyone interested? £27 each plus postage to you from the UK. This will include:

• The PCB.
  • A TMS9900, 9901, 9904. I was given several sets of these, so am passing them on for free. Some parts appear to be “remanufactured in China”, but I’ve tested them and they seem OK (at least in the short term).
  • +12V converter module.
  • 64-pin turned pin IC socket.
  • 3.3uH choke.
  • Reset switch, power socket, pin strips.
  • Various resistors where I have lots of spares.

All the other parts needed are easily available.

Let me know if interested.

tms9900_pcb_system_cropped.gif

This looks like a dream I had one night. Nice work!

But if I get one, my life would go on hold and I would need a divorce lawyer. :_(

I've got all the parts and then some, SO ... if you still have a PCB only after July 25 (payday for me) please consider me for a good home. Thankyou in advance.

P.S. I'll need payment details/method.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a list of parts needed for the basic board?

Is there a list of parts needed for a fully loaded board (if that is a thing)?

Sourcing for those parts (I can google, but maybe you have a good source)?

I'd like to price the kit out.

Possible price for the lone PCB?

Just curious at this point, but I'm looking to start tinkering about.

giphy.gif

Thanks Stuart, I received mine Friday and I have already completed about a third of the work, till I ran out of seven pin sockets, have to order some more. Building my first real computer, awesome. Already dreaming of adding a 9938 or 58 and storage capability. ;-)

Excellent, glad it arrived OK.

It seems that some of the MAX232CPE/EPE chips I had have a rather short life. If your serial comms becomes garbled then get another one off eBay - they're cheap, but try to go one from somewhere other than China!

• Like 1

Is there a list of parts needed for the basic board?

Is there a list of parts needed for a fully loaded board (if that is a thing)?

Sourcing for those parts (I can google, but maybe you have a good source)?

I'd like to price the kit out.

Possible price for the lone PCB?

Just curious at this point, but I'm looking to start tinkering about.

Parts list - http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/tms9900_breadboard/tms9900_breadboard.htm#parts_list.

All the spare PCBs from the first run have gone now. If I do a second run then they should be less than about $33 each - it depends on the quantity I order and if they include any free 'spares' with the order. I got rather a good deal with the first batch which is why they were cheap. ;-)

Stuart.

• Like 2

Parts list - http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/tms9900_breadboard/tms9900_breadboard.htm#parts_list.

All the spare PCBs from the first run have gone now. If I do a second run then they should be less than about $33 each - it depends on the quantity I order and if they include any free 'spares' with the order. I got rather a good deal with the first batch which is why they were cheap. icon_winking.gif

Stuart.

Thank you. I love the project. I'll be studying...

My wallet. I'll be studying it, a lot.

• 2 months later...

I've got some more PCBs for building your own TMS 9900 system if anyone is interested (also more PCBs for the TMS 99105 or 99110 system - see http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261979-tms-99105-project-pcb-available).

Cost is £27 + postage to you from the UK. This will get you:

-- a PCB

-- 64 pin socket for processor

-- D-type 9-pin socket

-- DC power socket

-- 5V to 12V converter module

-- 3.3uH inductor

-- 3 off resistor networks

For the other components you need, see the link in the first post on this thread. All the free ICs I was given are gone I'm afraid.

Send me a PM if interested.