IGNORED

Bad news about myselve (Stormtrooper /Richard Vermeulen)

Sorry to read about this. What a frightning feeling that must be. Good luck and very best wishes. Please stay as positive as possible since that appears to be a very powerful weapon against almost anything. I can imagine that is very difficult from time to time. I keep my fingers crossed for good news from your tests and scans.

• Like 2

Sorry to read about this. What a frightning feeling that must be. Good luck and very best wishes. Please stay as positive as possible since that appears to be a very powerful weapon against almost anything. I can imagine that is very difficult from time to time. I keep my fingers crossed for good news from your tests and scans.

Like others I've seen first hand the effects of it and its brutal but also like others I seriously hope its a treatable dietary or other far less serious thing...

The group is behind you Stormtrooper...

Paul..

High untreated blood sugar can cause that same problem. Low thyroid can cause that problem. High uric acid in the blood can cause that problem. Like

someone said, a mild stroke can do it too. Also low O2 can cause problems like this. If the symptoms start suddenly it's not as likely to be Dementia/Alzheimer's.

You hang in there and I'm sure many of use will include you in our prayers!

David

Edited by DavidMil

High untreated blood sugar can cause that same problem. Low thyroid can cause that problem. High uric acid in the blood can cause that problem. Like

someone said, a mild stroke can do it too. Also low O2 can cause problems like this.

David

I'm so sorry that I forgot to tell you that all of these things are easily correctable or can be overcome.

Sorry,

David

I've been feeling out of sorts too, this summer, and it's been more than just the usual 'hayfever' and summer cold symptoms/allergies that I normally get.

I've also felt vague, forgetful, spaced-out and at times, wandering about aimlessly wondering what the hell I've set out to do/why am I here in the garage etc, searching for something... WTF etc etc.

I think we need to take a break from the madness, stress and full-on lifestyles we tend to have when we're hard-pressed with work, family-issues/responsibilities and lack of sleep/proper rest from the hurly burly of the modern world. It can be literally insane out there in our cities, down the shopping mall, battling with the traffic, dealing with ever-increased workloads and ever-diminishing staffing levels - it's a ruddy rat trap (cue Boomtown Rats song).

We need more exercise, for sure, and peace, calm - long walks in the woods, by the seashore etc etc, spent in the company of other kindred spirits/our friends and our nearest and dearests etc, focusing more on what really matters to us and just jettisoning the baggage - let it go.

I think we all want you to feel mended again real soon, buddy, as I think we've all, at times, sailed close to the edge.

All the best - thinking of you and keep in touch, pal.

You've a bunch of kindred spirits backing you for sure in the Atari/retro world.

BAZ

• Like 2

Have you ever been checked for Lyme Disease? My sister in law had it (I did too for years) and had terrible issues with memory and all sorts of neroligical things. The blood tests are not that accurate and repeatedly came back negative and each doctor guessed diagnosed this and that. To say it was horrible is a gross understatment if left unchecked. No bullseye rash in many cases. Finally she had a spinal tap done that showed Lyme in her spinal fluid. This was about 15 years ago. She was treated with heavy long term antibiotics and had a great recovery. Works 10 hours days now with only a few lingering symptoms. We live in the Northeast USA and it's everywhere. I had it myself along with another tick born infection and it was pretty bad for a long time. One symptoms was that I felt like my brain was in a fog. Couldn't concentrate and had memory issue. Positive PCR spinal tap too for Lyme. Took a while to find the right doctor even after diagnosed. Might be something gor you to look into. Mostly better now. It's not just a Northeast thing anymore. Truly hoping all the best for you.

• Like 2

I think we need to take a break from the madness, stress and full-on lifestyles we tend to have when we're hard-pressed with work, family-issues/responsibilities and lack of sleep/proper rest from the hurly burly of the modern world. It can be literally insane out there in our cities, down the shopping mall, battling with the traffic, dealing with ever-increased workloads and ever-diminishing staffing levels - it's a ruddy rat trap (cue Boomtown Rats song).

We need more exercise, for sure, and peace, calm - long walks in the woods, by the seashore etc etc, spent in the company of other kindred spirits/our friends and our nearest and dearests etc, focusing more on what really matters to us and just jettisoning the baggage - let it go.

BAZ

BUT!!! Smartphones!!! Internet!!! Hi-Speed Commerce!!! Instant Gratification!!! Do it now!!! Fast Vacations!!! Media Overload!!!

If you're not part of those things you are a nobody. A nobody falling behind the joneses. At the bottom. Lame. Slow. A retard.

BUT!!! Smartphones!!! Internet!!! Hi-Speed Commerce!!! Instant Gratification!!! Do it now!!! Fast Vacations!!! Media Overload!!!

If you're not part of those things you are a nobody. A nobody falling behind the joneses. At the bottom. Lame. Slow. A retard.

Yep, if you're hooked to all that lot then I'm afraid there's not a lot of hope for you.

Seriously, I think we need to strike more of a BALANCE between the modern world and what is actually good for us in terms of our physical, mental and psychological well-being.

Everything in moderation, my friend...

Hope the tests find the cause and treatment. I can only guess what you are going thru, keep positive. There is nothing more frighting then facing the decline of our own body. Have Faith and Hope to overcome this, we're all routing for you.

Yogi

• Like 2

Just to emphasise how the mind can be a horrible thing, as most know I suffer from depression, numerous medial problems that cause quite serious almost constant pain and quite severe stress because of my situation and that of my recovering anorexic daughter. Now stress is a horrible thing, it affects memory and tactical thinking ie deciding what you are going to do, so I have moments where I forget names and words, I stress that I can't remember them which only serves to cause you to be unable to remember and more. Just yesterday something happened that shook me a bit, I've always had a pretty good memory, I could remember pretty much every code to stock item in the Maplin catalogue etc but like Stormtrooper I started forgetting passwords so installed LastPass to help me, yesterday I forgot the master password, I entered ever password I could think of but I was stressing out, eventually I used the recovery password option but the email with the 32 digit replacement password never made it to me (checked spam etc) so its only then I remembered the real password but it was now useless as the account is set to this now unknown great big password and the only thing you can do now is start a new account from scratch which is what I've had to do, because of the encryption LastPass don't know what your password is.

The point, its very easy to start having drops in memory because of stress and age, its quite common but if its worrying you like our good friend Stormtrooper than get yourself to a doctor, it may be something serious or it could be something quite simple. Yesterday was a shocker for me but I know it was stress, I'd simply managed to be stressed and blocked my mind from remembering it at that point, when it did click (too late) I was wrong by four numbers, my DOB, I didn't forget my DOB I just forgot I'd used it in part for that password (yeah I know, insecure thing to use). Just shows how a little thing can cause so much worry.

And again I wish Stormtrooper a positive recovery......He's one of us and we care about our own!

• Like 8