IGNORED

More questions on Flashrom 99 and nanoPEB...

Everett1954

1) So it appears the Flashrom 99 does not support any file management (like folders) as I have tried to organize my .bin files but they are not recognized in folders during boot. Is this correct? My understanding is FinalGROM does support folders, is that correct?

2) What exactly does the reset button on the Flashrom99 do? My LED flashes but doesn't appear to do anything else. When do I need to use it.

3) There are .BIN files like Alpiner that were TI GROMS. Are they EA5 conversions and do I need a EA cartridge to play them? They give me a blank or colored screen on my Flashrom99.

4) Now regarding the NanoPEB: What is the easiest way to make sure the additional 32k is working (or seen) by system. I have an extended basic cartridge.

5) Thanks to Ti9962a program I am able to use my Windows 7 laptop and format volumes and add .DSK files to them. However, once the NanoPEB with CF card is back on the TI, is there anyway to see the volume names on the CF? It is easy to forget what Disk is in which volume.

6) Of the disk files I have downloaded, is there anyway to tell if they require Basic or ASM cart or load on there own? Or just trial and error?

Thanks to all those that have helped me so far!

1 - nope 127 files in the root like it says in the documentation

2 - it resets the fr99 to the menu rather than the selected carts.. flashes as it reads the directory.. you'll notice if you hit fctn-= in a program and then press any key it will still say the program on the menu.. hit reset, fctn-= and it will say flashrom99

3 - they are grom files that were converted to run from 32k ram they run from the ROM only if you have 32k ram expansion. Try it with nanopeb plugged in as that provides 32k.

4 - it works automatically, if you go into extended basic and type size it will show the expanded ram

5 - mostly RTFM and trial and error.. if you catalog the files and there's a LOAD program then that is extended basic autoloading..

speaking of rtfm..

fr99 https://endlos99.github.io/flashrom99/

nano http://webpages.charter.net/nanopeb/downloads/nanoPEB/docs/nanoPEB-SIO_V1.pdf

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 1

Here is a catalog type program Scmitzi shared.

Type this in and save it to reach if your disks.

10 PRINT

20 PRINT

30 PRINT

40 GOTO 110

100 CALL CLEAR

110 DIM TYPE$(5)

120 TYPE$(1)="DIS/FIX"

130 TYPE$(2)="DIS/VAR"

140 TYPE$(3)="INT/FIX"

150 TYPE$(4)="INT/VAR"

160 TYPE$(5)="PROGRAM"

170 INPUT "MASTER DISK(1-3)? ":A

180 A=INT(A)

190 IF A<1 THEN 170

200 IF A>3 THEN 170

210 OPEN #1:"DSK"&STR$(A)&".",INPUT,RELATIVE,INTERNAL

220 INPUT #1:A$,J,J,K

230 DISPLAY "DSK";STR$(A);" - DISKNAME= ";A$:"AVAILABLE=";K;"USED=";J-K

240 DISPLAY:"FILENAME SIZE TYPE P":"-------- ---- ---- -";

250 FOR LOOP=1 TO 127

260 INPUT #1:A$,A,J,K

270 IF LEN(A$)=0 THEN 350

280 DISPLAY:A$;TAB(12);J;TAB(17);TYPE$(ABS(A));

290 IF ABS(A)=5 THEN 320

300 B$=" "&STR$(K)

310 DISPLAY SEG$(B$,LEN(B$)-2,3);

320 IF A>0 THEN 340

330 DISPLAY TAB(28);"Y";

340 NEXT LOOP

350 CLOSE #1

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

Ok, there is a brief mention in nano manual of a Basic program called Catalog.

Where can I find it and how is it used?

It should be in volume #1 of the nanoPEB. With Volume #1 mounted as DSK1, you start CATALOG in TI Basic with

OLD "DSK1.CATALOG"

RUN

The program asks you “MASTER DISK(1-3)?”.

...lee

• Like 1

I like to keep a copy of catalog (along with other handy-dandy utilities) on my default Volume 3 of the NanoPEB....that way, regardless of what I may mount in 1 or 2, catalog remains available through OLD DSK3.CAT (I'm way to lazy to name it "CATALOG" when 3 letters will do). And if I do indeed mount something else into drive 3, then a simple UNMOUNT(3), puts it all back.

It's usually in disk 2 of my real PEB as well.

Of course if one removes their FR99 or FG99 (go ahead, you can do it), and inserts XB 2.7 (remember when IT was the rarely-removed cart??), then you only have to press 1, 2 or 3, which is even easier!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 4