IGNORED

Possible Jaguar Overlays...For What Games?

pboland

...Curious if you are able to make these? I also need the AVP overlays too as I only have the cart.

Yes I can. I show my work in the very first post of this topic (samples are pictured) and yes I have the AVP overlays. If you look just two post above your first post you will see the overlays that I have already done the art work for.

And a reminder to all (just incase some of you missed it), I'm not able to emboss these overlays so they are flat, but they are 100% plastic.

Thanks TrekMD for the PM. Time for me to get to work. :)

More to come...but keep the ideas coming.

Edited by pboland
  • Like 1

I was looking at the AirCars overlay that is in the manual for the game. Do you guys think I should make an overlay that is just like the one in the manual or should I make something new? I ask because I can't help but notice that the images are very busy and the text is rather small for an overlay. Here's the overlay from the manual at the size it would be when printed.

post-9874-0-75870100-1501211684.jpg

I understand the desire to have the one in the manual (makes for a truly complete game), but the overlay is actually not very easy to read or even see what the images are.

If you guys really have your heart set on this particular overlay then I will make mine very close to that one, but this game might benefit from a differently styled overlay. Let me know what you guys think.

I was looking at the AirCars overlay that is in the manual for the game. Do you guys think I should make an overlay that is just like the one in the manual or should I make something new? I ask because I can't help but notice that the images are very busy and the text is rather small for an overlay. Here's the overlay from the manual at the size it would be when printed.

attachicon.gifAirCars_over.jpg

I understand the desire to have the one in the manual (makes for a truly complete game), but the overlay is actually not very easy to read or even see what the images are.

If you guys really have your heart set on this particular overlay then I will make mine very close to that one, but this game might benefit from a differently styled overlay. Let me know what you guys think.

I like how you updated some. I vote for a cleaner, updated, easier to see design.

I'd vote for doing a version of both :cool: (original and improved)

I think I might be going this route.

First up what I hope is a new an improved AirCars overlay:

post-9874-0-69744800-1501341755.jpg

This one was a challenge. There is a lot that is on the original overlay (too much visually). I understand why it is all on there, but I really felt it needed to be a little easier to read.

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 4

For Iron Soldier 2 (which has the same controls as the original) I wanted to have a slightly different overlay. So, this is what I came up with:

post-9874-0-80437700-1501698083.jpg

Very similar to the first with just a little change to show it is for Iron Soldier 2 (here they are side by side):

post-9874-0-11326400-1501698236.jpgpost-9874-0-80437700-1501698083.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has 2 fan-made Syndicate overlays to give you some ideas.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217368-does-syndicate-use-the-keypad-on-the-jaguar-controller/

Edit: It has 3, one further down near the bottom. Is in black and white, but still.

Edited by 032-Bias

Okay so found another thread with a Sky Hammer overlay: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/109249-2-new-custom-overlays/

And apparently some one has done overlays for like 40 games (new and old); not trying to take away from what is happening here and I eagerly await the final results. The collecton is called "Atari Jaguar Orphan Overlay Collection" and has 2 add-ons. Will refrain from posting a link since it could be seen as competition, etc.