IGNORED

Lazy Jones

kisrael

Was wondering if anyone ever heard of the muli-system game "Lazy Jones".

I'm kind of intrigued by it, a very meta-fied wrapper for a bunch of mini games, you play a hotel worker who hates his job so he tends to just break into the rooms he should be cleaning and play a video game. I kind of feel like the minigames are a parody of all those type-in games I reviewed for my Compute's Gazette blog http://gazettegalore.blogspot.com/(a few are very explicit parodies of more commercial games, like "Eggie Chuck") I can't say it really transcends the stuff it might be parodying, to be honest, and the controls and movement tend to be really uninspired, but still the idea is weirdly ambitious, reminds me of "Retro Game Challenge"/Game Center CX, or maybe a bit of the Warioware minigames, or the Mario Party one player outings.

• Like 1

Yeah, I used to play it some in the 80's. I think it is best known for the fact that it contains all those small games, than for offering a lot of playability in those games. IIRC there is a goal about you should win enough (all?) games to win the game, but I'm not sure. In modern years there was a controversy when an artist stole one of the music themes from the games without credit. You can read about it elsewhere and how it all ended.

I LOVED this game when I was 8 years old. An older family friend that regularly went to a users group once brought me thirty or forty unlabeled disks back from a meeting with a lot of software to try out. I found this buried on one of the disks. The games were super simple and perfect for my age at the time.

Edited by rpiguy9907

I loved that game back in the day (circa 1987)! It was one of the first ones I had for the 64. The games were cheesy, but there were a lot of them and I don't remember it having to access the disk much (or at all) during gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...