IGNORED

Intellivision miniboxes replicas

I'd probably buy a handful of decks at the $7 price range, but shipping (cost and reliability) from Brasil could be an issue. Is it better than Venezuela shipping? :o

I still have to go to the post office to check at the prices range, but I already made some research for a big box to Europe (70 reais half a kilogram and 90 for 1 kilogram, something like 22,00 and 28 dollars) and also checked to send some paperwork (the art for the miniboxes) to NYC and it was around those 28 dollars as well. About reliability the post office are surprisingly decent. I have no idea about shipping from Venezuela, is it that bad?

I would certainly buy some! :)

And yes, your best bet for everyone would be to send them to one person who would work with you for distribution.

I am sure there will be a fair amount of interest for these, thank you for thinking of them. :thumbsup:

If you guys could think of someone who could do that, we can start talking about going ahead with this project.

I tried posting earlier but can't find it so if it shows up twice, sorry.

On the decks of cards you are showing foreign boxes. The box 1980gamer show is a good example of the 2nd generation box. I think we should use the 1st generation box of each game that is being made into a deck of cards. Here are a few examples of the 1st generation 4 line boxes that had "For Color TV Viewing Only" printed in black letters on the front of the box. I think only 10 of these boxes were made. Here agian just a thought and my opinion.

Of course Tutankham would make a great deck.

There is also Football, Basketball, Poker, Checkers

HJ

post-36757-0-14472600-1502042346_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-23585700-1502042364_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-55888200-1502042859_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-99524600-1502042446_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-15574500-1502042749_thumb.jpg

I wasn't looking for a generation of the box images, just showing that some games had both red and blue boxes, like a typical poker night.

I think space armada also had red and blue.

Of course, and sport game / later space game matched with any action network game would do the same thing.

The voice game boxes are very nice too. Imagic game boxes would make for some cool looking cards.

Actually, 2600 pool by imagic is an awesome game box, but lets start with the Intellivision!

I tried posting earlier but can't find it so if it shows up twice, sorry.

On the decks of cards you are showing foreign boxes. The box 1980gamer show is a good example of the 2nd generation box. I think we should use the 1st generation box of each game that is being made into a deck of cards. Here are a few examples of the 1st generation 4 line boxes that had "For Color TV Viewing Only" printed in black letters on the front of the box. I think only 10 of these boxes were made. Here agian just a thought and my opinion.

Of course Tutankham would make a great deck.

There is also Football, Basketball, Poker, Checkers

HJ

attachicon.gifArmor Battle ME USA FCTVVO 1.JPG

attachicon.gifBackgammon USA FCTVVO 1.JPG

attachicon.gifBaseball USA FCTVVO 1.JPG

attachicon.gifMath Fun FCTVO 01.JPG

attachicon.gifTutankham 1.JPG

I wasn't looking for a generation of the box images, just showing that some games had both red and blue boxes, like a typical poker night.

I think space armada also had red and blue.

Of course, and sport game / later space game matched with any action network game would do the same thing.

The voice game boxes are very nice too. Imagic game boxes would make for some cool looking cards.

Actually, 2600 pool by imagic is an awesome game box, but lets start with the Intellivision!

Ok guys, I can do whatever you want me too, but I'm gonna need your help, ok? Humblejack, please send me pics from the back of those boxes as well and whatever more boxes you would want on the cards. I'm not an Intellevision expert so I wouldn't know which box is from where or when, I just go with the pics I find on the internet and use the ones that aren't bilingual. If you send me those, it would make the job a lot easier and of course I would be grateful. It could be on PM if you would prefer.

1980gamer same goes to you, whatever box you'd want, send me and I'll do it, ok? For the same reasons above.

I'm still to send pics to the supplier. Which ones would you want finally? It must be an unanymous decision... ;)

Thanks again

I agree we all need to agree. Here again mine are only a suggestion and ones I would like to see which not everyone would agree with. I am very flexiable. I will pm you the pics and you can use them or not. Also, did you ever decide on if you are going to do the top and bottom flaps. If so you will need all 6 sides. I will send you the front and back for now and can always send more if you need them. This way you can build your library for future use too.

Thanks,

HJ

I agree we all need to agree. Here again mine are only a suggestion and ones I would like to see which not everyone would agree with. I am very flexiable. I will pm you the pics and you can use them or not. Also, did you ever decide on if you are going to do the top and bottom flaps. If so you will need all 6 sides. I will send you the front and back for now and can always send more if you need them. This way you can build your library for future use too.

Thanks,

HJ

I'll try and make them as similar as possiblr, so if there's something written on all 6 sides. It'll be there and that's exactly why I asked for help and that's exactly the help you are giving...

How many different boxes for cards are we talking about here?

Just wondering if I should pick my 1, 3, 5, 10, or 20 favorite.

I just purchased a batch of 10 playing cards (online) from a local supplier and I'm waiting for his response by tomorrow wether we can make different ones inside this batch or if they must be the same.(I'm guessing that from a quantity as lows as 10 they'll have to be the same, but if I buy a 50 cards batch we can make 5 different ones, keeping the minimum of ten, but getting the lower price of fifty, but that's only I guess for now, but I'll keep you posted as soon as they answer)

Thanks again

Leonardo

Would you be interested in scans of the replacement controller box? I can get those to you... but if I recall correctly, someone already has them on the forums somewhere....

Oh yes, I've seen them. The really small boxes idea is actually genius, because he wont need high quality pictures and can use any pictures you can find on the internet. My idea is different though, the main idea is full boxes (at least art with quality to make full boxes) and then use the result to make mini boxes. And, of course, I don't charge for the result. I send it to whoever asks and it's available for free at leonardobiagi.imgur.com. Even that guy can benefit from that site... (and they only have "easy" boxes, they are lacking the really great ones, the classic gaming ones)

Thanks for pointing that out.

• 6 months later...

Any word on these?

I was/am looking forward to these being released.

Thanks!

Hello 1980gamer!!! Nice to hear from you!!

We actually went ahead with the project and made a few prototypes (we = Me and Hankster (Humblejack)) I made 10 packs from a company in Brazil (The cards weren't so bad, but the packing could be much, much better. The fine print was almost illegible and some details were lost, since it's so small), but the price was good, would be something like 15 dollars final price) and 5 from MakePlayingCards (which turned out really, really beautiful all the way. But the cost alone for making them was something like 30 dollars plus shipping, so it became something really undoable because of the costs. but Hnak took some to the Portland Retro Gaming Conference and tested the waters and people really liked them but when he commented on the price, not one said it was ok...)

But I think he may have one or two left if you would like to check on them. I do have 7 or 8 of the brazilian ones if you are interested. I can send them to you as a gift. Just let me know.

All the best

Leonardo

PS The pics are from the playing cards we had made. The darker, thineer one is from the Brazilian company and the larger, lgihter one from MakePlayingCards. Hope you can see the differences by the pictures.

post-50438-0-25057800-1519079416_thumb.png

post-50438-0-63698100-1519079424_thumb.png

post-50438-0-93678100-1519079432_thumb.png

post-50438-0-89900000-1519079441_thumb.png

post-50438-0-37668400-1519079458_thumb.png

• Like 2

Wow, they both look great in the pictures. I am certain you can tell the difference better in real life.

At my age, it is getting harder to see great detail anyway!

Age is a funny thing. I used to hate MP3's because it cutoff the high end. Now I can save so much space using mp3 over lossless....

By the time I can afford a 4k tv it won't make much difference either! Heck, I never noticed the blocky intellivision graphics on my old crt either.

Man, I cant read a thing without glasses anymore,but these look great.

I am sorry if your project was stopped due to cost issues. :(

Thanks!!! It was sure a nice project, I guess i could try some other brazilian places, I'll let you guys know if I find anything...

And if any of you are interested on the ones I got, i think I have 4 or 5 left, just PM me and we'll see if I can ship it to you (no charge), and then you can give me some feedback on the quality...