enthusi

Hi everyone,

as of this week, Assembloids 2600 is available in the AtariAge store.

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1094

Thanks Albert!

And also thanks for Thomas Jentzsch who published his savekey code which enabled us to support it for this game and all of its skill levels.

I set up a simple score chart here:

http://assembloids.de/scores.html

and I will update it with incoming scores pasted to this thread (or other sources).

Would be great to see what people reach.

So far the highest scores I saw were from Sven the graphics artist who made the game with me and my wife (myself as well :).

During the German Gamescom last year we witnessed several people returning to our stand to improve their play.

The attached file is an animated GIF from some shots during that event.

I believe the highest skill levels pose a serious challenge to anyone (and quite possibly to your heart).

Best wishes and thanks to all of you who helped getting this game done and out!

Cheers,

Martin

post-28604-0-22181400-1500280248.gif

• Like 3

My games arrived today. I only had time to plug in Assembloids and play one game. I'm glad I purchased it. The graphics are sharp, gameplay gets furious and it's a lot of fun! I only scored about 5,000 so I have a ways to go to catch the leaders. I'll try to find some additional time this weekend.

• Like 2

New score on the default difficulty: 12,730.

This is a game of correct decisions. At the higher speeds, it really becomes a game of lighting fast decision making.

Wow! That's crazy. I'm assuming that you're doing everything you can to maximize your points (by making as many solid color creatures as possible) during the slower rounds. Any other tips you can offer?

Wow! That's crazy. I'm assuming that you're doing everything you can to maximize your points (by making as many solid color creatures as possible) during the slower rounds. Any other tips you can offer?

Yes, maximizing points early is ideal. I started out with the color matching, too, but switched to the following order:

1) Clear the windows

2) Go for solid colors

3) Just put the right piece in the right spot!

Going for the window clearing is key, because it's worth 500 points and earns you an extra life. Extra life = more playing time, which gets you higher scores. Obviously, as it gets to its fastest point, you just want to make a match and that's where I think a younger player would excel more; reaction times being better and all.