IGNORED

bought a jaguar cd but what the hell?

agentsmith

Hi

I bought a jaguar cd from ebay.

A reliable seller with good rating...

He said his jaguar cd works like a charm, with a new optical lens...

But i cannot use it because the cd don't spin :-(

the cartridge port works perfectly but the cd don't spin... some rare times it spin a little but seems to be slowed by something...

Something weird, if i turn on the jaguar cd with the tray open, sometimes it spin without problem but can't launch the cd...

The seller say me :

- to clean the contact pin from my jaguar (not the jaguar cd) (how to clean it ? the seller say to use this : https://www.sosav.be/store/consommables/324-bouteille-d-agent-desoxydant-60-ml.html )

- check the optical lens to see if it did'nt move during the shipping (but how?)

Any ideas guys?

Thanks for helping.

Edited by agentsmith

hi

i finally can load music cd without problem... the central spindle has moved during the shipping... i raise the spindle a little with a flat headed screw driver and after some testings it finally works... the cd always spin when i turn on the console...

thanks to all for helping

must test a game now :-D

• Like 5

You've plugged it into power, right? It needs its own plug.

It's kind of a no-win situation ...even if you get it working, you're stuck with Vid Grid, Blue Lightning, Baldies, Highlander ...

He would've seen the photo of the back of the Jag CD with the arrow flashing pointing at the power jack if there was a power problem.

Maybe I should add that one to the power FAQ.

• Like 3

hi

i finally can load music cd without problem... the central spindle has moved during the shipping... i raise the spindle a little with a flat headed screw driver and after some testings it finally works... the cd always spin when i turn on the console...

thanks to all for helping

must test a game now :-D

Great that you got it working again. The spindel is the most singled out and common problem. People make the mistake of pushing down the cd on it, as many players of this era had ball bearing loaded spindles that held the disc. This is not the case with the Jag CD. So remember to only carefully drop the cd on the spindle. The Jag CD is reliable, but it is fragile, just be careful with it and it will last you a long time. Also be sure to press on the right spot when closing the lid, the part that locks it has also been known to break if you are rough with it.

To be honest, Robinson's Reqieum is a great reason to get the JagCD working, even though it's not exclusive, I believe it is the only version on console? Also, the releases I have from Orion and Reboot are good reasons too. And while there might not be a lot of options for retail releases, I still love Dragon's Lair for (most) machines it's been released on. (just gotta get my JagCD version still!)

To be honest, Robinson's Reqieum is a great reason to get the JagCD working, even though it's not exclusive, I believe it is the only version on console? Also, the releases I have from Orion and Reboot are good reasons too. And while there might not be a lot of options for retail releases, I still love Dragon's Lair for (most) machines it's been released on. (just gotta get my JagCD version still!)

Robinson's is also on the 3DO. Still, if you've got a CD unit, you definitely want to make use of some of those homebrews as you mentioned.

Good point, but I think I'd be just as happy playing the six dollar GOG version

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I look kinda like a renob with that post lol. Oh well, still a cool game on JagCD, just the most expensive way to play it, it seems.

$6 more than booting it up in DOSbox.

I was actually very surprised when had a Jaguar to PC thread going a couple months back. Much of the library was on DOS or other consoles. Even Flip Out & Attack of the Mutant Penguins (carts) received DOS ports. The list of exclusives is short but I'd love to try out Battlemorph & Iron Soldier 2.

• Like 1

Battlemorph and Iron Soldier 2 are phenomenal.

I still need to buy World Tour Racing.

I tend to think that Primal Rage is the best port (outside of running MAME with the original arcade rom, or having an actual Arcade).

Also from what I've seen of the various Robinson's Requiem versions, I *think* the sound / graphics are the best on the Jaguar out of any of them. The A1200 one doesn't run at a high enough framerate, and I think didn't have all the textured goodies. If I recall, the Falcon version (from videos) looked the same as the JagCD version, I just haven't had the time to test it out yet. Oh looking at a few videos on youtube, it does look like the DOS version runs fairly well