IGNORED

Downfall plus cart on ebay

Welshworrier

Was this even released on a cart? And if so, who can confirm that this is what it looks Like?

Here's the original thread. I was sad I missed out and Sh3-rg or Cyrano J said some time later no more copies would be made (after I'd asked)

That makes this auction that much more appealing..

Some people seem to buy two carts, one for playing and one cart if the first would stop working. Guess this guy is selling his second copy.

There is always a problem buying from sellers with no positive feedbacks, other than that I see no problem.

Yup, I did the same thing for a while. I still keep a couple of copies of my favorite games... but I ended up selling most of my back-up copies because... well... I can now get $300-400 bucks for games that I paid $50 bucks for. And... I need the space, and renovating two houses. It is what it is.

But, if it makes people feel better... I've stopped buying two copies of every game! :)

It's an awesome game by the way... huge fan. My daughter and I love to play it, but I have to be honest... stresses me out a bit since I realize I'm forever falling into a cavern that I'll never get out of... even if it smells good in there.

• Like 1

I'll never understand the "back up" carts concept, pretty sure it's just an excuse for people to buy an extra copy or two to sell in the future. Which is fine if that's what you want to do, just be honest about it.

One is to play, one is to keep nice and unopened. And on the off-chance it breaks, you still have one.

It's like having two of the same vintage cars... one that's low mileage and immaculate, and one that you don't mind beating the piss out of.

I'll never understand the "back up" carts concept, pretty sure it's just an excuse for people to buy an extra copy or two to sell in the future. Which is fine if that's what you want to do, just be honest about it.

What if I'm having a kickin' solo party and then a friend stops by and is like 'Whoa, this is awesome AND you play Jaguar!?" And then I nod towards the other side of the couch and they see I have a whole other Jaguar hooked up and they get super excited.. but then, they're like "Right on, guy! But how am I gonna play Wolf 3D with you, there's no multiplayer, man!"

How am I gonna reach into my Jaguar fanny pack and pull out a second copy of Wolf 3D and be the coolest guy in that living room if I don't get back up copies? I can't take that chance and neither should you.

• Like 2

Old Atari Jaguar carts never die. They just eventually find themselves on the Bay. :lol:

It all started with my Cannon Fodder cartridge!!! http://atariage.com/forums/topic/225937-a-dead-cartridge-how-to-tell/?

But I did eventually get it working again.

It was odd for me because I'm ridiculously clean. Shower usually twice a day, wash my hands if they even remotely get sweaty (unless I'm working outside). I eat with my mouth closed, I don't have shit crusted on my mouse like people who don't wash their hands and / or eat while using the computer... vacuum the whole house once a week... borderline OCD (but actually not)... so I couldn't figure out why the Jag game just stopped working. I eventually left the lower-half of the cartridge sitting in a pool of rubbing alcohol for many minutes, and it eventually just started working.

I won't sell my extra copies, but I do offer them up for trades or as giveaways. I also sometimes buy doubles to help out developers who have sunk $$$ into their projects and are trying to recoup their initial investments.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...