IGNORED

Unpopular games that you like?

hizzy

Well, I'm sure you meant for this to be about 2600 games, but since you weren't specific.... :twisted:

When I'm at my Fathers house, (he has an old dog and an old cat who stay inside).

I like to play a game called "Who farted?" The options are- me, the dog, or the cat. The best thing is, the dog and the cat both have gas, most of the time. According to my father, this game is very unpopular. I however, really enjoy it. :lolblue:

• Like 1

Maybe it is just nostalgia but I do like the 2600 Pac-Man. Yes it is nothing like the arcade so I treat it as a game of its own. My friends and I would adjust the TV to darken the screen and up the color so that the ghosts were easier to see. The ghosts eventually go so fast that on rare occasions Pac=Man would go right through them without dying and it was fun to try to get 9 men total and try to keep it that way.

• Like 3

There are several games that weren't very popular that I like...

Gopher - maybe I like this one because we bought it for $5 at the grocery store and I wasn't expecting to get a game that day. It's a simple game but I think it works really well. Stay near the carrot to protect it or try to catch the seed to plant another one? It's quick, easy to learn, has cute graphics and smooth game play. It's also fun to bonk that gopher in the head!

Space Attack - actually I think many of the MNetwork games are underrated. Lots of people claim not to like Space Attack because it's too complicated. Once you understand how to play, this game is incredible! It's very close to Space Battle on the Intellivision. You control the release of your three squadrons and where they'll go fight. The graphics are outstanding and the game play is very good. If you haven't played it, give it a chance.

Although it was very popular in terms of sales, I think I'm the only one who enjoys playing Donkey Kong. I liked it when I was younger and I still enjoy it today. It only has two screens but I think they're both pretty well done.

Journey Escape - This game gets bashed a lot but I always liked leading each of the band members to their vehicle. I thought it was pretty cool that it plays a snipit of "Don't Stop Believing". The only problem was that I could play forever.

To a lesser extent, I also like Bermuda Triangle, Lost Luggage and Bank Heist even though they weren't very popular.

• Like 3

Space Attack - actually I think many of the MNetwork games are underrated. Lots of people claim not to like Space Attack because it's too complicated. Once you understand how to play, this game is incredible! It's very close to Space Battle on the Intellivision. You control the release of your three squadrons and where they'll go fight. The graphics are outstanding and the game play is very good. If you haven't played it, give it a chance.

I agree with you on Space Attack, and on M network games, in general. I really like the Masters Of The Universe, and almost put it on my list in my first post.

I played the hell out of original 2600 Pacman, but I haven't played it in ages because of all of the great homebrew versions!

• Like 1

Bugs, Cosmic Swarm and Mega Force are a few that come to mind, and the Chuck Norris Superkicks/Artillery Duel double-ender was a childhood favorite.

I'll also cosign on Airlock, Sneak'n Peek, and Space Attack -- all games I've enjoyed in one degree or another, for what they were.

• Like 1

Spacechase gets a bad rap, but not sure entirely why. A little repetitive, sure, but not in the same way something like Activision's Laser Blast bores to tears. Spacechase features an impressive scrolling background, decent sounds and smooth enemy movement. Have fond memories of purchasing it at our local Eagle grocery store BITD. So nostalgia plays a bit of a factor here of course, but I just played it again the other day and didn't think it was horrible or anything.

Also enjoy Journey Escape, Bermuda Triangle, Mr. Do!, Donkey Kong and Superman to this day. Dodge 'Em is also great and would still play that if I didn't enjoy TI Car Wars more. :)

• Like 2

Ditto this - Dodge 'Em is my goto game for a very quick game play fix.

Exactly. I even use Dodge "Em to test CRTs I refurbish for people getting into retro gaming. Hot pink and yellow to test colors and one of the best to test how black a screen can get.

My six year old loves play Sky Diver with me as well. The splat sound always gets a laugh.

• Like 1

Spacechase gets a bad rap, but not sure entirely why. A little repetitive, sure, but not in the same way something like Activision's Laser Blast bores to tears. Spacechase features an impressive scrolling background, decent sounds and smooth enemy movement. Have fond memories of purchasing it at our local Eagle grocery store BITD. So nostalgia plays a bit of a factor here of course, but I just played it again the other day and didn't think it was horrible or anything.

Also enjoy Journey Escape, Bermuda Triangle, Mr. Do!, Donkey Kong and Superman to this day. Dodge 'Em is also great and would still play that if I didn't enjoy the Car Wars more. :)

Is Mr. Do! unpopular? That's a great game!

I like both pac man and donkey kong. Yes, even as a kid, I knew both were not like the arcade, but that was all I had at the time and I got enjoyment out of them. I have journey Escape for about 6 months, never owned it back in the day, but have yet to play it. Will have to give it a try. I also liked asteroids, which was WAY easier then the arcade.

There are a lot of games that suck. We all know that. Everyone has their own opinion on what's "fun" and fun is what a game should be. One person may not know HOW to play a game, so to them, it's not fun. Another person may understand how to play, but may find the difficulty too high. It's all subjective. Something to always consider is that people who dislike a game may be more vocal than those who do, making a popular game seem unpopular or vice versa. :)

I really haven't thought much about the popularity of the games I play. Having the Harmony cart, I can just play any game I want.

If I decide I don't like it, I can just delete it. I'm sure some of the games I play are considered unpopular by some, but that doesn't affect my ability to enjoy them. :-D

I'm not sure I really added to the discussion with that, but I felt like I should post something intelligent after my earlier fart joke. :P

• Like 1