Karl G

Space Game

On 1/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, Karl G said:

It won't compile without a lot of work, as it is missing a number of dependancies that I no longer have, like the titlescreen kernel code/images.

Bummer, but you should be able to use Stella to recreate the image data:

1. Start by playing the game.  Make sure to do as many things as you can so Stella runs all parts of the code (helps it to know what's code vs data, and to differentiate between graphical data and numerical data)
  2. Hit ` to enter the debugger.
  3. On the CartridgeF4 tab change the bank to 0
  4. type savedis in the prompt
  5. Using your OS's file system, go to where the file was saved - for me it was ~/Desktop/SpaceGame-Final-NTSC.asm
  6. rename that file to have bank 0 in it, SpaceGame-Final-NTSC_bank0.asm
  7. Repeat steps 3 thru 6 for banks 1 thru 7.

Once you've done that you should be able to use contents of the 8 files to recreate the missing data files.  I did just a brief bit of gameplay, here's what was made for banks 0 and 1:

SpaceGame-Final-NTSC_bank0.asm

SpaceGame-Final-NTSC_bank1.asm

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! I didn't think about creating a disassembly to recover imagine data more easily. 

CONGRATULATIONS to Space Game 2K for being nominated in the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards!

Be sure to vote for your favourite homebrew games of 2019 with the links below and watch the awards LIVE on February 1, 2020!

Awards Show: February 1, 2020 @ 12:00PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT LIVE on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Channel!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

1526806255_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestHomebrewAtari2600.jpg.2359090ccc6a16cd37e0c237da7f8fc2.jpg1878117411_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-Best4KHomebrewAtari2600.jpg.5d5be8ddd3cc4b1becb3516db0eb815b.jpg

• Like 1