IGNORED

Games for Atari: 1977 to 1995 Book Project on Kickstarter

Thanks for your comment. It's all about 8-bit machines, the Jaguar is technological a quantum leap away. Also, the book is already 700+ pages, and it would be another 150 pages (+-). I planned to add them to the ST book (if this KS is successful). :/

Fair enough on the length....but the Atari Lynx is 16-bit!

Edited by napabar

Hehe, I was asking for trouble there. But the CPU is 8 bit. You cant even program Susy at all. What architecture's bit depth is defined by its GPU rather than the CPU's?

I really see no argument for 16 bit.

Edit: but it doesn't matter here, admittedly

• Like 1

Hey, was interested in the printed copy of the book basically, don't particularly care about the add-ons or digital copy. Notice that the 49 Euro option is the only one not available. Will that be made available again?

I think he went a little low on the 49 Euro backer limit (100). A lot of people are more willing to jump on board for a 55 dollar book, but may hesitate and move on at the 70 dollar option.

If this doesn't make it, can he throw it back up on Kickstarter with changes? Or is this a one and done thing? Not really sure how Kickstarter works.

• Like 1

Would of loved to have backed this..but cutting right back on Retro book spending for a while.

As for the Lynx..it's 8/16 bit Hybrid technology and the numbers don't matter..this is the author's project so their choice of how it's represented.

Actually glad Jaguar isn't covered given the toxic nature of the format elsewhere online at present.. Just focus on what you already plan to cover and you'll do fine.

I wish you all the very best with this.

• Like 1

I think he went a little low on the 49 Euro backer limit (100). A lot of people are more willing to jump on board for a 55 dollar book, but may hesitate and move on at the 70 dollar option.

If this doesn't make it, can he throw it back up on Kickstarter with changes? Or is this a one and done thing? Not really sure how Kickstarter works.

Will post some news later today :)

Hey, was interested in the printed copy of the book basically, don't particularly care about the add-ons or digital copy. Notice that the 49 Euro option is the only one not available. Will that be made available again?

The EURO 49 Early-Bird was limited to 100 backers. When they were gone, you would to pay the regular price.