IGNORED

ATARI party, NYC area, looking for participants.

Joe Stella

I live in a PA suburb of Philadelphia -- it'd be a little far for me for regular meetings but I'd be happy to make it up occasionally...

If it's anything like the one that they have here in Davis, CA it is a once a year event. Not to be confused with a computer club that meets bi-weekly or monthly.

- Michael

Joe, if you are planning on having an 8-bit only event, let me know as I'd love to come and help out anyway I can. Can never have enough Atari events!

As some of you already know, I'm hosting an Atari Party East at my house on Sat Sept 9th. Its been 'advertised' on FB and Twitter and word of mouth with folks I know from Vintage Computer Festivals, etc.

Its open to all Atari products from arcade to pinball, from consoles to computers. We already have good representation from ST, 8-bits, 2600, 5200, including bloggers and podcasters, etc.

I have a dozen or so arcade video games and most of the 8-bit computers. If your interested, send me your email or fb id and I'll send you the details.

Note that "A Video Game Con" is taking place the same weekend (Sept 9/10) as ATARI Party East in "nearby" Parsippany, NJ.

Also note that the Coleco Expo is taking place in Edison NJ on Aug 5/6. I wasn't going to go to this event, but Tim Lapetino will be there signing his books, so I might be going to support the vendors and artists.

Bill

Edited by Bill Lange
  • Like 2

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys. I'm in agreement with above post that an irregular meeting is probably more likely than a monthly style computer club.

Bill, your event sounds awesome, and I will try to make it

Regarding location, I have a small flat in Bergen County, and would be happy to host. It sounds like some of us are neighbors.

Commodore wives are most welcome.

I'll touch base with everyone in the next few days, and we can hammer out some specifics.

Edited by Joe Stella
  • Like 1

I'd like to invite everyone interested in an Atari 8 type day/evening in the Bergen County, NJ area to participate in a get together on Sept. 2 (sat.)

It will be a small event hosted at my flat. You're welcome to bring stories, friends and family, any hardware or software.

Please send a PM for info.

And I will be there! I'm planning on bringing a bunch of ST / Falcon stuff. MIDI Maze anyone?

I'm also lugging along the Jaguar and a couple of Lynxes.

-Pete

• Like 1

#AtariPartyEast2017

I'm planning on bringing a bunch of ST / Falcon stuff. MIDI Maze anyone?

Randy Kindig is sending Nir Dary's Multi-Link networking hardware, so we should have some networked 8-bit games set up as well!

Also scheduled to make an appearance are:

Mike Montana, co-author of the Atari 2600 game GLIB.

Robert 'Ferg' Ferguson, host of the Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast.

Paul Rickards, creator of the WiFi232 Internet Modem and the Hayes Chronograph WiFi upgrade.

... and others

These guys will be in attendance as well:

post-188-0-49418600-1501764272_thumb.jpg

Should be a interesting, entertaining and fun time!

Bill

• Like 3

The link isn't broken, but you probably need to be both logged into Facebook AND on the invite list to see it.

If you would like to attend, send me your email address and/or Facebook id and I'll add you to the invite. As the event is at my house, I want to keep track of how many people are planning on showing up so that we are prepared. :-)

Bill

• Like 1

And I will be there! I'm planning on bringing a bunch of ST / Falcon stuff. MIDI Maze anyone?

I'm also lugging along the Jaguar and a couple of Lynxes.

-Pete

I have at least two (maybe three) Midimates for hooking up 8-bits to play Midimaze. I can bring them.

Allan

UPDATE 8/6/17

An update and correction. I'm in Hudson County, not Bergen County. Union City, near Weehawken, north of Hoboken, in case you know the area. We have very convenient public transportation in case you're traveling lite, and we're right next to the Lincoln tunnel.

Thanks to everyone interested in coming. Bill, I can't match your array of exotic hardware and arcade games, but I do have the following at hand:

Atari 2600 with s-video mod and Harmony cart. Also a copy of Boulderdash for same if I can find it.

Atari 800 with Incognito.

Atari Lynx II with Will's screen replacement and flash cart.

Pi 3 with all sorts of emulators.

PC's and laptops.

2 computer monitors, 2 LCD TV's, and a 20" Sony Trinitron.

Wifi and networked internet, LAN is of course available.

Large dining room table + 2x 6' multi-purpose tables.

Various ancient technology odds and ends.

BBQ/smoked lunch/dinner will be provided.

I have, but cannot guarantee working Flashback II, Commodore 64/128, Atari 5200, 7800, and Coleco.

I'm thinking Saturday, November 4. It's a small apartment, so please let me know if you're coming, I have to limit attendance to what's practical.

Requested: 8-bits, monitor, interesting new or old hard/software, BYOB, maybe a side dish or desert? If you don't want to schlep equipment, no worries, there should be plenty to do and talk about.

Thanks again all, I'll post updates in this space, and details via PM.

• 1 month later...