IGNORED

APF TV Fun and Radio Shack TV Scoreboard

Dastari Creel

Does anyone know if there's a resource for user's manuals or service manuals for the above? I'm looking for the service manual for the APF Model 401 and the User's Manual & Service manual for the Radio Shack 80-3056. I don't care about physical copies. Something digital would be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't find a specific service manual for the APF Model 401 however it is based on the General Instruments AY-3-8500. There were a lot of pong clones based on this chip. A typical schematic for this chip is the one below. I've included the datasheet as well. This chip actually supported a total of 7 games. You can play 5 of them on the 401 even though it only has 4 switch positions. Just set it between positions to play Handicap. There are also two shooting games on this chip, but you would need to set up a light gun.

post-49023-0-95269200-1502555734_thumb.jpgAY-3-8500.pdf

Oh, I understand that I can probably figure it out given time. I'm just trying to collect all the manuals and service manuals that i can find to compile on my video game archive, in the hopes of creating a one-stop shop for this kind of information and to make it easier for people who ever do need to do repairs or mod projects. There's a lot of information out there, but people have to search for it, which is completely unnecessary IMHO.

Oh, I understand that I can probably figure it out given time. I'm just trying to collect all the manuals and service manuals that i can find to compile on my video game archive, in the hopes of creating a one-stop shop for this kind of information and to make it easier for people who ever do need to do repairs or mod projects. There's a lot of information out there, but people have to search for it, which is completely unnecessary IMHO.

That certainly would be handy. I wish you luck. If I locate anything that could be useful in this regard. I will post it here. Any manuals that I may have are stored away right now, but if I have any that aren't otherwise available I would be willing to scan them. Most of what I have is pretty common though.

Edited by mutterminder

That certainly would be handy. I wish you luck. If I locate anything that could be useful in this regard. I will post it here. Any manuals that I may have are stored away right now, but if I have any that aren't otherwise available I would be willing to scan them. Most of what I have is pretty common though.

Every little bit helps, and I have to start somewhere. I'm hoping to find more service manuals. I have almost all of the Magnavox ones, and I've found a few Radio Shack TV scoreboard ones, but would like to compile as much of that data as possible for anyone who's looking to work on old systems.