IGNORED

Looking for 3do

I am looking for a 3do and have found a couple locally but want to get an idea if they are overpriced or not. Fz10 was going for 150 and fz1 was going for 130, they had a goldstar for 110, but everything I have heard is goldstar is crap. any info would be great, it is 1 of 2 systems I am looking for and my "realistically priced" console collection will be complete.

What currency are referring too? $130 - $150 seems like the common price at the moment. Depends on what they come with, games, controllers etc. Even faulty ones sell for $60. Then u need to be aware of importing models from other regions which may need a step down/up converter which will add to the price. It's a shame they cost so much but retro consoles have grown in price. I managed to get my FZ-1 for $60 as faulty but was easy to repair.

I would shop around, hopefully a cheaper Panasonic 3DO will become available. I've heard that Golstar and Sanyo 3DO aren't as good as Panasonic.

I have the Sanyo....well..I have my second Sanyo. The system looks great but I heard the CD tray is not that reliable. This was my issue in my first Sanyo and so far the second one is hanging in there. And yes the Goldstar has quite a bad reputations. As for both Panasonic systems, those are the prices but it depends on several factors:the condition, the box..they are reliable systems. The 3do fz10 might be more reliable because there is no CD tray but the FZ1 is usually known to be of great quality. I say go for the the Fz1m it takes less room, you can put something on the top and has a more "3doish" appeal.

All systems are region free but some very very few japanese games do require a japanese system (games like twinkle knights)

• 5 months later...
The FZ-1 is the sexier beast, but the FZ-10 is probably the better purchase. It has memory management and less moving parts. It's also the "easiest" to mod, based on my reading.
They go for roughly $150 CAD in my area with wires and a controller, sometimes with a loose filler or two. I got mine for $100 and I knew I had a deal.

I scored an FZ-1 locally from a guy as well as a Nuon player and controller and games from the same guy. I think the FZ-1 is definitely the sexier looking of the 2 versions. I paid $100 with one controller and 5 games (Jurassic Park, Crash N Burn, Doom, Myst, Dragon's Lair, and Alone in the Dark 2). I am happy with the purchase. There is a local store selling an FZ-1 as well for $100 that I saw on Craigslist. I don't need another one or I'd snag it. The prices on ALL retro consoles seems to be going up everything where sucks, since I have seen things online talking about 3DO consoles like 4-5 years ago going from anywhere from $20-50 for a working unit!