IGNORED

Sears Video Arcade II cartridge slot

up2knowgood

While we're on the topic, anyone have any other cartridges that don't fit in various systems? I know there is talk of Tigervision carts not fitting in various systems, but those are kind of rare. Imagic is common enough that if it doesn't fit in a particular system, its kind of important.

So, I got a Sears Video Arcade II a while ago, but recently I noticed something. The cartridge slot is not the right shape somehow. My Imagic games don't fit, at all. NONE. Does anyone else out there have this problem, or is there a way to make them fit?

That is odd. I just tried playing Demon Attack and Dragonfire on my Sears Video Arcade II and they both worked fine. Here is a picture if anything was done to mine before I bought it.

post-54985-0-23217700-1501449752_thumb.jpg

That is odd. I just tried playing Demon Attack and Dragonfire on my Sears Video Arcade II and they both worked fine. Here is a picture if anything was done to mine before I bought it.

Certainly doesn't look like anything was done to it. Comparing it to mine it looks the same. How odd.

Certainly doesn't look like anything was done to it. Comparing it to mine it looks the same. How odd.

All I can think is maybe the springs in the cart port are stiff and you have to give it a moderate push straight downward to get it the rest of the way in. Or imagic cart board is a little thicker. Also, try putting in a cart that works first, like Asteroids to make sure there is no warm up problem, then try the imagic cart with the moderate but not crazy push down, like I described.

All I can think is maybe the springs in the cart port are stiff and you have to give it a moderate push straight downward to get it the rest of the way in. Or imagic cart board is a little thicker. Also, try putting in a cart that works first, like Asteroids to make sure there is no warm up problem, then try the imagic cart with the moderate but not crazy push down, like I described.

I just did something like that. I took it apart after seeing yours, and pushed on the cartridge receiver. It moved some, and after putting it back together, all the Imagic cartridges now fit. Some are a little tight, but they fully seat now, which they didn't do before. I think you're right, something in my console wasn't quite right, maybe damaged somehow, by someone being too rough on a cartridge that in the slot or something. Thanks for the help. :) Picture to see what mine looks like after repairs.

gallery_45171_1585_3305594.jpg

• Like 1