IGNORED

Apple HSC

Don't know if there is interest. Despite me being an Apple enthusiast since the beginning of time, I've rarely heard of competitions for hi-scores, in single specific games or groups or whatever. I don't believe the style and ecosphere lends itself to hi-score gaming on the II series.

Whenever we played for a hi-score it was always on a simple console like the VCS. Gaming competition on the Apple was always like how far we could get in an adventure, or how many levels of game X could we complete.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

I think doing HSC for Apple II games would be fun, even if it only wound up with a handful of participants.

I am often scouring youtube for high score runs or speedruns of older games (Apple II included,) for games I played a lot growing up, to see just how far people were willing to go with them.

I know a lot of the magazines from back in the day (that are now available online) had high score listings.