Any Interest in a Odyssey 2 HSC?

HawkMines

Odyssey 2 HSC  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Most other communities already have a High Score Club, but the Odyssey 2 doesn't. There was a short lived high score thread a while ago, but talk has always been there about starting a HSC. What's the current thoughts on the matter?

It's a neat idea, but there probably aren't enough games or players.

Maybe a single high score leaderboard (sticky thread?) with the highest scores listed for different games, that people can post in at their leisure? (Could probably do that for every console, actually.)

I, for instance, like the idea of high score clubs but rarely have the time or inclination to hook up [system x] and play [game y] during a given week, just for the sake of going for a score in a game I may or may not even be that interested in. Then once in a while I'll get to really dig into a game and will think, "I had a really good run there, too bad they're not doing it in the HSC anymore."

If you happen to have O2em you could play on there, I just tested out version 1.20 and it works like a charm.

Anyway, I'm going to start the preliminary round first, to get people started.

Edited by HawkMines
  • Like 1

It's a neat idea, but there probably aren't enough games or players.

Maybe a single high score leaderboard (sticky thread?) with the highest scores listed for different games, that people can post in at their leisure? (Could probably do that for every console, actually.)

I, for instance, like the idea of high score clubs but rarely have the time or inclination to hook up [system x] and play [game y] during a given week, just for the sake of going for a score in a game I may or may not even be that interested in. Then once in a while I'll get to really dig into a game and will think, "I had a really good run there, too bad they're not doing it in the HSC anymore."

I think I found a good solution for this. The preliminary round will be for any game, any setting, but until a certain time, than the true HSC starts. Once the HSC season is done, than the next preliminary round starts.

Edited by HawkMines