Sign in to follow this  
sku_u

Tag Sale Craziness

My neighbors across the steet are having a Tag Sale today and tomorrow. Since they are close by, I decided to stop over to see what they have available. Much to my horror, every price tage says "AS SEEN ON EBAY" in big blue pre-printed letters with Ebay prices to go with them.

Looking at his videogame prices, I didn't even bother to look. He was trying to charge $20-$40 for PC, NES and SNES leftover garbage.

I did try to haggle with the seller over the price of two chairs that needed some serious restoration. They are worth maybe $40 for the pair, and he is asking $150 for them, but he told me that his prices are non-negotiable and that if I felt the prices were too high, I should go home and check Ebay. (Obnoxious jerk)

What I don't get at all is that people are over there actually BUYING this stuff, overpriced and all.

I just wanted to share my frustration with all of you. It's the beginning of the end when Tag Sale holders are charging Ebay prices, advertising that similar items are selling on Ebay for the same price and people actually buy the stuff.

I hate this!

It just shows that people are gullible, stupid and willing to believe anything that they see/hear.

I hope that they don't sell anything else, They certainly don't deserve to, seeing how they're ripping off people!

I haven't seen this craziness in my area yet. I don't think I will because I haven't actually seen any good tag sales/flea markets so far.

Sheesh...people!

This is just the same sheep/herd mentality of people--the "same prices as on e-bay"--where one person says something, and everyone else jumps on it to belong to the crowd.

Just check out pretty much any movie on the Internet Movie DataBase and start reading some of the comments, where someone ALWAYS has to say "well, I liked this movie, but ___ (something REAL minor that lasted for about three seconds) really sucked, so I would rate this movie a 4". A 4 out of 10? Out of ONE little thing? Sounds like to me they should've rated it a 7 or an 8 (granted, this doesn't apply to some crappy b-rated movie that people hate, though). Remember when people ragged on The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers on here for that real brief "surfing" bit? C'mon guys, it was only for a few seconds, and it was just for comic relief. Legolas rocks!

Monkey see, monkey do. :roll:

Luckily for me, my city is full of cheap-asses, so when people try to charge eBay prices, they get no takers. One of the Microplay's has a handful of rare SNES games priced at $50-$70! They might sell for that much on eBay, but in a fairly small city like Winnipeg, they're never going to sell.

--Zero

Nice avatar nic looks like the ladys face the other day when I went to pick up the box on nintendo stuff close to her I had no Idea she had already bought it man bit my head off made me wanna go run a key down the side of her snazzy suv. :x