IGNORED

ATARI CAMAC Assembler Ver 1.0A

You're not going to find it, as CAMAC is the version of AMAC that ran on the department minicomputer at Atari. I do believe they had a VAX and a Data General MV/8000 port. Landon Dyer may have more info on this.

-Thom

CAMAC stands for "Cross AMAC" and the only version I know of ran on the DG MV/8000. The native (non-cross) version, AMAC, ran on the Atari home computers.

That's about all I know -- the tools / systems folks in the Home Computer Division took care of it, it was pretty much a black box to me. I don't even know what it was written in.

(It was a nice assembler. I have fond memories of it, and I stole some features from it for a series of assemblers I wrote a few years later).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only thing I know for sure about AMAC, was that Sorcim had been subcontracted to port their 6502 macro assembler to Atari, and AMAC was the result, with a custom text editor written by Mike Lorenzen.

(Sorcim was an early software house that became most famous for their clone of Visicalc for CP/M machines, called SuperCalc)

-Thom

Thanks for your help, yes, have asked Mike, even he doesn't know who build AMAC. But his editor was bundled with AMAC...

Anyway, we even found the Microtec Cross Assembler... ;-)

Give my regards to Mike. The AMAC / editor combination was a real winner; that editor was one of better ones that I used on the 8-bit line.