IGNORED

Preorder open for C64 Reloaded MK2

sm3

Soo... anyone had trouble with their Mk2 spontaneously rebooting after 10-15 minutes? I thought at first it was ICs overheating, but they're all cool to the touch, and I've swapped them all out as well, with no luck.

Not here. I will run some checks over the next week.

Soo... anyone had trouble with their Mk2 spontaneously rebooting after 10-15 minutes? I thought at first it was ICs overheating, but they're all cool to the touch, and I've swapped them all out as well, with no luck.

No problems there, and I've left it on overnight several times. I'm using a 12V 1.5A switching power supply pulled from the 'bin o warts'

What power supply are you using?

I use a power supply I purchased from iComp that went with my MK1 Reloaded. I haven't noticed this issue, although I don't leave my Reloaded MK2 powered up for extended periods of time either.

Jens is supposed to have new supplies for the Reloaded MK2 available soon. I keep checking their site daily, but I have not seen them yet.

I am running mine on a 12V 2A power supply taken from a wireless access point. I was previously running on a similar power supply taken from a Western Digital external hard drive. Neither have given me problems, and I just left Stereo SID Player running for a good hour playing music.

As for a taxing demo which loops, I wish I could tell you. There are some amazing-looking ones released in the past couple of years but I have only seen videos so I cannot tell you if they loop or not.

Yeah, that's exactly why I went with the PSU from icomp, the low ripple requirement was not easy to find. The new shipment from China for MK2 power supplies should be there soon. Jens told me it would be 4 weeks more than 4 weeks ago now ;)

Ok, I was able to try a LumaFix 64 with a 6569R5 (I also have a 6569R3 and an 8565R2) on my C64R MK2. Using S-video - without LumaFix 64, the output is bad. At least the text is more readable but I have color artifacts (like repetitive vertical rainbows). Since my smartphone tends to bluish the picture on the screen, I'm borrowing another picture from C128 to show a similar effect: circlePAL.jpg

So I tried the LumaFix 64 and was able to reduce vertical artifacts with AEC and PHI0 tweaking. But nothing regarding with CHR. So with or without LumaFix 64, I have those disgusting rainbows. Maybe it is an issue with my screen but it is clear that S-video output added to C64R MK2 is not that great.

Yeah, that's exactly why I went with the PSU from icomp, the low ripple requirement was not easy to find. The new shipment from China for MK2 power supplies should be there soon. Jens told me it would be 4 weeks more than 4 weeks ago now ;)

Huh - I never saw a PSU for purchase on the site. Oh well - the one that came with my HDD dock seems to be working fine.

Edited by Laner

Huh - I never saw a PSU for purchase on the site. Oh well - the one that came with my HDD dock seems to be working fine.

Yeah, he removed the previous version from the store maybe a week ago. I expect the new version any time now ;)