IGNORED

Selling TS1000 with aftermarket keyboard and plastic travel case on ebay

JamesD

Timex Sinclair 1000 computer complete with 16K RAM module, original boxes, TV switch box, power supply, cassette cable, rare plastic travel case, rare aftermarket keyboard with raised rubber keys, user manual, 4 tapes including Critical Path Analysis, Strategy Football, The Coupon Manager, and The Carpooler

The machine worked fine several years ago when I bought it, but now the video output needs adjusting or repaired.

My HDTVs wouldn't tune in the signal at all and it appears to be distorted even on an old analog TV.

The screenshot is of a simple BASIC program I typed in and ran. It definitely ran though.
10 FOR I = 1 TO 10
20 PRINT I
30 NEXT I

More photos on ebay.
I'd be willing to sell it a little cheaper here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/192265430222?

post-10422-0-15299600-1501703329_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had that stick-on keyboard, it made a world of difference with input. I also paid around the same prices for the computer and RAM module like 35 years ago, ye gods. I have zero interest in buying (I donated two like it years ago), but it's fun to see it so well cared for. The case was official? Good luck with the sale, it deserves someone to keep caring for it.

Was there a pic of the top of the case or did I miss it? Can't find any photos of it in google image search. 1982 me is completely impressed at the idea of an affordable COMPUTER in a TINY BRIEFCASE!

That's James Bond stuff. Roger Moore, sure, but still...that's what we had.

attachicon.gifIMG_8639.JPG

I added a photo of the top of the case to the auction.

There were carrying cases for Apple IIs and CoCos that were similar to briefcases.

The computers certainly didn't cost $50 for a 16K machine though.

That's about what the final KMart price was for the machine and RAM according to the stickers.

And this is only about 14" or 15" across

Edited by JamesD
  • Like 1

Also a bit crazy to imagine hobby computers at Kmart, isn't it. Such a fun time.

Yes it was, but I can't exactly complain about now.

You can purchase this at Walmart, jailbreak it, install Linux and some development tools and you have a complete machine with color monitor for under $100.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Galileo-Pro-11-5-32GB-2-in-1-Tablet-with-Keyboard-Case-Android-6-0-Marshmallow/53990867

The screen is a little small on this one, but it's under $50 and you can do the same thing.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Voyager-Pro-Charcoal-Tablet/53990889

Plus, these are fast enough to emulate those old machines, and you can operate them away from the nearest power outlet..

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

On 8/2/2017 at 4:49 PM, JamesD said:

Timex Sinclair 1000 computer complete with 16K RAM module, original boxes, TV switch box, power supply, cassette cable, rare plastic travel case, rare aftermarket keyboard with raised rubber keys, user manual, 4 tapes including Critical Path Analysis, Strategy Football, The Coupon Manager, and The Carpooler

The machine worked fine several years ago when I bought it, but now the video output needs adjusting or repaired.

My HDTVs wouldn't tune in the signal at all and it appears to be distorted even on an old analog TV.

The screenshot is of a simple BASIC program I typed in and ran. It definitely ran though.
10 FOR I = 1 TO 10
20 PRINT I
30 NEXT I

More photos on ebay.
I'd be willing to sell it a little cheaper here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/192265430222?

post-10422-0-15299600-1501703329_thumb.jpg

Hi man!! do you steel have this travel case?

cheers!!

Edited by zilog_z80a

• 1 month later...