IGNORED

Modem Software

panama800

I am currently using an SX212 with my 800xl. I just purchased a US Robotics Courier 56K modem, cx-87 cable an a 850. What software do I need to use on this modem?

Any help would be great thanks.

What software were you using with the SX212? You can probably use the same software by modifying your boot disk to load the 850 driver instead of the R-Verter driver used by the SX212.

There are several good terminal programs out there, the one I used the most was 850Express! until I got Bobterm.

Both of these, plus others, are available at: http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=utils&sub=E.%20Telekomunikacja

You will have to limit the speed of the modem connection, the 850 serial port is only 9600 maximum, if you connect faster than this(or 4800 with hardware compression enabled) the 850 won't be able to keep up and will drop bytes.

Edited by BillC

• 1 month later...

I will use this thread since it is the latest mentioning Bobterm

I am using Bobterm with SIO2PC with APE.. so I have the APE R: driver. and the built in handlers to go out to the net through the PC network.

So I can connect via APE proxy, but for example if I want to login to IRC.atarinet.com:800 I get to it.. but there does not seem to be a translation it understands.

Ideas?

James

Edited by Bikerbob

Yeah Bobterm pretty much is the way to go... 850 Express was the best program for years until Bobterm came aklong... Bobterm is very much inspired by 850 Express. There is a Cartridge version of Express which is machine language (850 Express was written in Action!). I've not used the cartridge Express personally, but I believe that it expands on the featiure-set of 850 Express (and all the other versions of Express)