IGNORED

Intellivision III Brochure Restore

After recently browsing a thread about someone finding an Intellivision III brochure from Winter CES 1983 (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242701-discovered-a-brochure-in-my-fathers-stuff/page-1), I noticed many people saying that they wanted him to scan it in so they could restore it. After the thread starter stopped responding, and when KylJoy presented a scan that he did of someone else's brochure, I still couldn't find anyone who had attempted to restore it. So, I decided to step up to the challenge and try my hand at restoring the front page, mostly because I thought it would be easy and I really liked the look of it. I am posting this mainly to draw the attention of someone who's better at photo editing and digital restoration than I am to properly give this the restoration it deserves, to preserve the history and the thought of what could've been that it carries.

PS, sorry if this post sounds weird, I'm new to using forums :).

post-61589-0-88340700-1502072369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bobbybobkins
  • Like 9

Sorry if I didn't make this clear in my first post, but the brochure was scanned in and available for download here: http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/album/1732-intv-iii-brochure/and here: http://www.intellivision.us/Intellivision_III_Brochure.pdf as a pdf. I had no part in scanning this. All that I ask is for someone to go through the full brochure and make it look good as new. :)

Oh, I didn't know someone wanted to print it. Unfortunately, it seems that BillyBaloney976 hasn't been back on the forum for 2 years, and it seems that KylJoy was only sent the scan rather than doing it himself. Could you resize it after you attempt to restore it, or would that degrade the quality?

I just scaled the image to 8.5 x 11 and it looked a bit short. A slightly more accurate measurement might be 8.68 by 11.75 inches. this is a bit taller than 11 x 8.5 and is a direct scaling of the scanned image.

It's more likely that some image area was lost when the brochure was scanned. Remember that you'll need extra image extending into the "bleed" area to allow for final trimming to size.

• Like 1

It's more likely that some image area was lost when the brochure was scanned. Remember that you'll need extra image extending into the "bleed" area to allow for final trimming to size.

I'm not sure I understand. When I resized the scanned image (which is bigger than all reasonable sizes) to 8.5 x 11, the image became more short than it used to be. No part of the image was missing, it just became a little more wide than long. Now, you are most definitely right about the image could lose a small amount of area, but I'm trying to say that the aspect ratio is slightly different. Also, I know nothing about professionally printing of any sort :?.

Unfortunately the original seems to have been scanned at a teeny tiny 72ppi, you'd need at least 600ppi to restore a scan back to printable quality. I'd work on getting a better read of the original before I spent any time "restoring" what is basically a thumbnail.